2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
I know we hate Vancouver and all...but seriously, the diving/embellishing that has gone on this series by them is a f***ing joke. I would call any team out for this bulls***. Play the f***ing game already.

Its ridiculous. What are you gaining out of trying to make it look like you were tripped on a face off? Such a b**** move.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
Its ridiculous. What are you gaining out of trying to make it look like you were tripped on a face off? Such a b**** move.

They just keep trying to draw extra minors or turn minors into doubles or majors. It's a joke.

God f***ing damn it.

Monday might be the first time in my life I don't watch the Cup presentation. Here's hoping they go get smoked in Boston and then choke s*** on their home ice in game 7.

Now THAT would be a storybook ending to this.

Vancouver did what they always do when scared tonight. We know it's a team full of p*****s with the diving, biting, grabbing, etc. But we've especially seen it the last few years in that when they get scared, they do everything they can to fall into a shell and pray for a bounce. Happened tonight, happened in games 6 and 7 against the Hawks earlier this year, even happened in game 4 in 2009. I'd love to see Boston win game 6. I'd bet anything Vancouver won't win game 7 if it happens.

Well I think it's safe to say Tim Thomas has the Conn Smythe wrapped up even if Boston loses the series. It is a shame though that they can not win at their place. I still believe Boston takes game 6, but I'm not holding my breath on them beating the Canucks at their place in game 7.

Luongo is something else. How can a player be so good at times, put up league leading numbers, then suddenly just absolutely s*** the bed. It's truly entertaining to watch. He has been very good at home these playoffs, so I don't know what will happen in game 7, but one final Luongo implosion would be legendary.

MARCHYCOINS-1.gif

Below is the original story I wrote. Another item of note us that if the Rangers pull out of the Winter Classic, I've been told the frontrunner to replace them is Chicago, who have a trip East planned at the turn of the calendar and on a preliminary schedule are due to stop in Philly Jan. 5.

Here's another interesting note:

According to an NHL source, the New York Rangers may not be the Flyers opponent for the Winter Classic after all.

The game, slated for Jan. 2 at Citizens Bank Park, hasn't been formally announced by the league yet. That's because the Rangers are allegedly waffling about whether they want to participate in the game or not.

However, the Rangers are up in the air about the game, allegedly because they are already taking part in games in Europe to start the season and adding the Winter Classic to that hectic schedule could be too much of a distraction (Especially with HBO cameras around... um... 24/7).

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/

If this is true and the Blackhawks play in the Winter Classic (which is already my favorite sporting event), it will make my year.

AH, it didnt show Daniel calling the ref a cocksucker. And Canucks fans think there should be a review and suspension on Raymond's hit. Aka, a body check

Jeremy Jacobs is the owner of the Boston Bruins and the Chairman for the Board of Governors.

He is a key figure for overseeing Gary Bettman, his contract, etc...

So lets go with some of the facts during these playoffs;

1) Gary Bettman, who is the boss of Colin Campbell, allowed Colin to be head disciplinarian of the NHL while his son played for Boston. Only until some of the media was all over this, did Colin feel the pressure to step down (but not before the finals).

2) Mike Murphy, who had stated he wanted LA to win while LA played Vancouver in last year's playoffs became head disciplinarian (who is also Colin's friend).

3) Aaron Rome delivers a body check, barely a second late from the play, is given a 5 minute majour, ejected and is suspended an NHL record 4 games in the Finals (some people equal that to over 16 regular NHL games).

4) Boychuk delivers a body check away from the play (well beyond a second late!) and gets NO penalty or is even looked at for suspension. This guy broke Raymond's back. On another topic, I was just sickened to hear the Boston crowd call Raymond a liar and not cheer him as he was helped off the ice.

There is something fishy going on here.

Edited by RockRaines

Hey, look at that, fans complaining about their team losing. What a shock, this is completely original to the city of Vancouver and never happens with fans of other teams. That's totally worth posting all the time on a Chicago board.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Hey, look at that, fans complaining about their team losing. What a shock, this is completely original to the city of Vancouver and never happens with fans of other teams. That's totally worth posting all the time on a Chicago board.

Nobody on this board complained about the officiating in the Bulls/Heat series.