6-16 game thread, Sox at Pirates

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
The CQ gounded into a DP in his first at bat and is now at at .200 average. Everyone else seems to be coming around abit except Quentin and I guess it's a bit early to say Gordon is snapping out of it. What's up? I know that someone in the news media suggsted carlos had gotten into some bad habits and altered his swing, etc, because of his injuries

That's what Joe Morgan said Sunday night.

Of course, he also was telling us all why Robert Green's goalkeeping technique was poor in the goal he gave up against the US on Saturday...

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 12:54 AM)
That's what Joe Morgan said Sunday night.

Of course, he also was telling us all why Robert Green's goalkeeping technique was poor in the goal he gave up against the US on Saturday...

Not saying for sure but I trust Joe's baseball knowledge a bit more than his hockey instincts. And you are right I do remember it being Joe Morgan now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
It's absolutely incredible to see the player Rios has been this year versus the player he was last year. I knew he was capable of this, but it still is difficult to believe my eyes at times.

Outside of him coming over and inspiring a playoff run last year, this has been the absolute best-case scenario from that waiver claim.

This is the best he's hit since his hellaceous start to the 2006 season. Unfortunately in '06 he contracted a staph infection, missed a month and just wasn't the same when he returned. He hit .330/.383/.585/.968 through his first 72 games that season, hit the DL and put up a .261/.297/.411/.709 line the rest of the way.

He's an absolute pleasure to watch. It's just fun to have a 5 tool player in the lineup everyday, we don't get a lot of guys like that.