Peavy has fluid in his shoulder

Steve9347

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
Fluid in the shoulder does not sound good.

Isn't it pretty obvious DL is coming? I admire his guttiness, though.

I admire is grit as well, but do what's best for the team, what is two extra days going to do? Put him on the DL and make sure he is ok, we have a lot invested in him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
If he's going to pitch, I assume that means this has more to do with general soreness and a little fluid associated with a non serious injury.

Fluid just means inflammation. I'm sure they are treating it with NSAIDS and ultrasound and the extra day or so is to let the meds take effect. Meds like ibuprofen are only pain killers until they have been in your system on a consistent basis for 5 days or so. This is probably the reason for the extra time to allow the anti-inflammatory effect to kick in.

Sorry for the quick and inconsistent post. I'm in Boston for a convention and can't get to a computer often.

Just getting back from Fenway for the Red Sox-Dodgers game. I saw two young pitchers that got really hit around. The score was 10-6 and neither pitcher made it through the 6th.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
Fluid just means inflammation. I'm sure they are treating it with NSAIDS and ultrasound and the extra day or so is to let the meds take effect. Meds like ibuprofen are only pain killers until they have been in your system on a consistent basis for 5 days or so. This is probably the reason for the extra time to allow the anti-inflammatory effect to kick in.

Sorry for the quick and inconsistent post. I'm in Boston for a convention and can't get to a computer often.

Just getting back from Fenway for the Red Sox-Dodgers game. I saw two young pitchers that got really hit around. The score was 10-6 and neither pitcher made it through the 6th.

Remind me how much we're paying you to be here? :P