6/16 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
Christian Marrero is a BB machine. He's got 41 bb's this year to 40 k's,

He has never walked a lot in his career but this season his percentages have gone through the roof.

I said it weeks ago, if that guy ever hit for a higher average, he would have been in AAA a while ago.

Gilmore continues to hit. I believe he has what.. a 13 or 14 game hitting streak now?

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Have you ever experienced an Alabama June?

No, but I have experienced a Pierre, SD summer. And am in the process of experiencing a Vermillion, SD summer.

Birmingham, AL AVG temp in June - 87 high, 65 low, 76 mean

Pierre, SD AVG temp - 81 high, 55 low, 68 mean

Vermillion - 84 high, 57 low, 71 mean

July and August don't get any cooler for both places. So I understand the experience. I still say...

...Quitter!!! :whip

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
No, but I have experienced a Pierre, SD summer. And am in the process of experiencing a Vermillion, SD summer.

Birmingham, AL AVG temp in June - 87 high, 65 low, 76 mean

Pierre, SD AVG temp - 81 high, 55 low, 68 mean

Vermillion - 84 high, 57 low, 71 mean

July and August don't get any cooler for both places. So I understand the experience. I still say...

...Quitter!!! :whip

The humidity makes it worse, it's been over 95 the past week. There's been an advisory out because of the stifling humidity.

Edited by JPN366

im backing JPN on this one...the absolute hottest I've ever been in my life was during the SEC tournament in birmingham....ive been in 100 degree heat a bunch of times in Dallas, and i promise the 94 or whatever it was in Bham that day felt like 115...

and it wasn't even june yet

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
im backing JPN on this one...the absolute hottest I've ever been in my life was during the SEC tournament in birmingham....ive been in 100 degree heat a bunch of times in Dallas, and i promise the 94 or whatever it was in Bham that day felt like 115...

and it wasn't even june yet

The SEC Tournament is played at Regions Park, which is where the Barons play for anybody who didn't know. You can stand outside for only a few minutes and start sweating profusely. It only gets worse in July and August, that's why there are no more 11AM games after June.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 01:55 AM)
The SEC Tournament is played at Regions Park, which is where the Barons play for anybody who didn't know. You can stand outside for only a few minutes an start sweating profusely. It only gets worse in July and August, that's why there are no more 11AM games after June.

He speaks the truth. Midwest summers are no comparison to the South.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
The SEC Tournament is played at Regions Park, which is where the Barons play for anybody who didn't know. You can stand outside for only a few minutes and start sweating profusely. It only gets worse in July and August, that's why there are no more 11AM games after June.

yep, and the handful of beers we pounded beforehand didnt help either....then sitting in the scorching sun packed in with other hot bodies all around was just brutal..you pour sweat just existing...and thats an awful feeling