6-17 GAME THREAD sox vs pirates 6:00, WGN

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quentin just double off the big wall in Pittsburgh in RF, but I noticed something about his swing. Now I am no hitting expert, but I do pride myself in understanding mechanics and fundamentals. Quentin swings looks excessively long. The reason being when he swings he doesnt seem to throw his hands at the ball, something that produces short quick movement to get the head of the bat on the ball. Instead Quentin seems to dip his hands down, like a hitch, the head of the bat drops down, and then he sort of wraps the bat out and around his body. This makes a much longer, slower swing. Thats my evaluation of Quentin's hitting suck-age to this point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
Beckham opened up way too quickly on the first two pitches.

Hes been doing that all year and its so obvious. Watch his left hip and left foot, every swing he takes his hip is open and facing the left field pole and his foot is pivoted that way too. Its a classic swing flaw that is corrected with proper mechanic approach, patience, and practice. Its almost a little league problem, similar to "stepping in the bucket". In a major league sense hitter do it to cheat on the fastball and open up early to try and catch up to velocity that they feel that are having problems covering. Problem is for Beckham he doing it on every swing, not good!!

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
Hes been doing that all year and its so obvious. Watch his left hip and left foot, every swing he takes his hip is open and facing the left field pole and his foot is pivoted that way too. Its a classic swing flaw that is corrected with proper mechanic approach, patience, and practice. Its almost a little league problem, similar to "stepping in the bucket". In a major league sense hitter do it to cheat on the fastball and open up early to try and catch up to velocity that they feel that are having problems covering. Problem is for Beckham he doing it on every swing, not good!!

This might be the worst 4 RBI series of all time. But with the way he's going, I'll take it!