Hudson On his way up?

Chisoxfn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
I hope we're calling up Hudson with the intention of pitching him out of the rotation. It would make sense if he's just Peavy insurance.

I don't think he gets officially added to the 25 man roster unless Peavy is unable to go on Saturday. If Peavy gets the all clear then Hudson heads back to Charlotte like nothing ever happened.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
I don't think he gets officially added to the 25 man roster unless Peavy is unable to go on Saturday. If Peavy gets the all clear then Hudson heads back to Charlotte like nothing ever happened.

A lot of teams will carry 26th and 27th players as insurance and just leave them in the team hotel until they get word on the player they’re examining. I imagine this is a similar case.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
I wonder why Peavy is on medication.

probably celebrex or another anti-inflam for shoulder soreness.

If Peavy goes on DL and then summon Hudson, there is no reason Williams or Liillibridge needs to go.

And I agree that if Williams is a goner, Torres makes more sense as a replacement as a long/middle relief guy.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Another possibility is that we have a deal in place to move Sweaty Freddy, just hasn't been announced yet.

Why do people keep bringing this stuff up? Theres no way we trade anyone away right now seeing as how were finally winning..

AJ putting his arm around Konerko meant nothing.. Freddy isn't getting traded right now..

KW was looking for any excuse possible not to deal these guys, and hes finally got one.. once were done playing these AAA teams THEN we can start speculating about deals.. but when we are winning, it aint gonna happen..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
Why do people keep bringing this stuff up? Theres no way we trade anyone away right now seeing as how were finally winning..

AJ putting his arm around Konerko meant nothing.. Freddy isn't getting traded right now..

KW was looking for any excuse possible not to deal these guys, and hes finally got one.. once were done playing these AAA teams THEN we can start speculating about deals.. but when we are winning, it aint gonna happen..

WELL SAID!

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
Cowley clearly reading SoxTalk as he's sarcastically tweeting about Hudson.

No movie role for D. Hud, no Big Ben jersey, nothing. Prof. Cowley had to prove a point. But go ahead, and keep reading all those "blogs.''

from your man mr cowley ^^^

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 06:17 PM)
Cowley clearly reading SoxTalk as he's sarcastically tweeting about Hudson.

If Huddy gets called up, I'm emailing the Sun-Times with proof that their Sox beat writer is getting out written by a "trekky basement blog"

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
If Huddy gets called up, I'm emailing the Sun-Times with proof that their Sox beat writer is getting out written by a "trekky basement blog"

It's Viciedo, not Hudson. Cowley tweeted it, and believe me I don't like supporting Cowley, but I buy it. Peavy a'int going anywhere, that's pure speculation.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
It's Viciedo, not Hudson. Cowley tweeted it, and believe me I don't like supporting Cowley, but I buy it. Peavy a'int going anywhere, that's pure speculation.

Hudson speculation started before Viciedo, and he was sighted with the team.

Until they announce tomorrows pitcher, I think Hudson is most likely.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Hudson speculation started before Viciedo, and he was sighted with the team.

Until they announce tomorrows pitcher, I think Hudson is most likely.

Wasn't Hudson being mentioned just as insurance in case Peavy couldn't go? I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox place Peavy on the DL and let him strengthen that shoulder. His velocity hasn't been very impressive, and Hudson is seemingly ready to pitch in the big leagues so I'd rather look at the big picture here, and not do anything to put Peavy at risk.