6/17 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
If hitting a home run today is going to cut his K% to

I understand that it's not going to happen all at once, but he's hit a couple HR's this week and has cut his K rate down over the same period. So yes, it is possible for his recent success to indicate that he's turning a corner at the plate.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
I understand that it's not going to happen all at once, but he's hit a couple HR's this week and has cut his K rate down over the same period. So yes, it is possible for his recent success to indicate that he's turning a corner at the plate.

I'll have to disagree. Sure, maybe we look back at these past two games in a month or two and say that this is where he started to turn it around. But to call these two good games anything more than two good games is just overly optimistic thinking. We need to see Danks significantly cut his K% over a considerable period of time before we declare him "fixed".

Also are we really calling 2-7, 2 HR "recent success"? He's hitting .184/.225/.368 over his last 10 games with 2 BB/12 SO (30% K%).

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
I'll have to disagree. Sure, maybe we look back at these past two games in a month or two and say that this is where he started to turn it around. But to call these two good games anything more than two good games is just overly optimistic thinking. We need to see Danks significantly cut his K% over a considerable period of time before we declare him "fixed".

Also are we really calling 2-7, 2 HR "recent success"? He's hitting .184/.225/.368 over his last 10 games with 2 BB/12 SO (30% K%).

Well after 2 months of straight suck from him any sign of a pulse is a positive which is the point that I'm making.