AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX SWEEP!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
And the loss before that stretch was the Thornton disaster.

Which was a very winnable game.

Damn, we've been so close to a possible 10 game winning streak.

They kicked the s*** out of the Pirates. Things have really changed over the last week.

I tell ya what, Stone Pony. They got a chance to get some national pub against Stras tomorrow night. I hope they win it. We need Mark to step up big and hold down the surprisingly decent Nationals' offense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
They kicked the s*** out of the Pirates. Things have really changed over the last week.

I tell ya what, Stone Pony. They got a chance to get some national pub against Stras tomorrow night. I hope they win it. We need Mark to step up big and hold down the surprisingly decent Nationals' offense.

Kotsay getting a spot start? ;)

I think Jenks is finally healthy and the difference from this year and last is while he is giving up runners he is not giving up home runs which seemed to be the case last year.

It is amazing that they are winning and scoring without homers.

Twins face the Phils who are playing better while the Sox face the Nats after the twins played thr Rockies and the Sox the Bucs......

Things are getting interesting.

I don't know if it has been like this all year or not, but Pittsburgh was the dumbest team I have seen in a while. Terrible routes, terrible thought processes, no concentration, no IQ on the basepaths... They might have some talent there, but until they learn the game of baseball, they are going to be filling the basement in the NL Central.

Beating teams that lack power hitting seems to be the kinda teams we match up well against

Yeah Cleveland sucks, yeah the Royals suck, but they can hit the ball out of the park and our pitching staff tends to make mistakes to teams with sluggers

I feel sorry for the Bucos. Hopefully they can get some help in the pitching with their drafting and get their core guys like Alvarez, Walker, Tabata etc.. to help McCutchen with the offense.

Sox did what they had to do. If they only lose 1-2 games from here on out (only betting loss I possibly see is against Strasburg unless the Nats pen remembers they suck) on this NL stretch they might be worth keeping an eye on again, but the Twins and Tigers gotta lose too.

Wow, can you imagine being a Pirates fan? IF you had told a prospect lover a couple years ago that they’d have this collection of former prospects, people would have told you things were looking up, but none of these kids barring the superstar CF show any signs of life.

Juan!

I can admit I was wrong. I became a Juan backer after he got the hit against the Cubs (yes we would have been no hit without that base hit; nobody else stood a chance in the ninth) and he continues to prove the doubters like me wrong.

In a similar vein ... many of you can't admit you have been similarly WRONG regarding Bobby f***ing Jenks!

He remains a prominent closer and yet so many are ready to lynch him after he inevitably blows a game one of these days.

Whoever put this when Jenks entered the game in the game thread, it's not funny to me and I don't appreciate what the post stands for:

"Alvarez swinging the invisible bat. Jenks time...greg gets his vaseline and tissues ready."

That is not appreciated. I am not gay have never been gay.

I am a White Sox fan who supports Bobby Jenks!

I can't believe some Sox fans hate their own. It baffles me.

Edited by greg775

sdjifn :huh

I dont have anything nice to say about this team yet. I am trying so hard to convince myself that I can like them as a whole. There are a few guys I will always cheer and root for but......

I dont have anything nice to say about this team yet. I am trying so hard to convince myself that I can like them as a whole. There are a few guys I will always cheer and root for but......

Don't blame you, but I bet if you think about it you might say something nice about the starting pitching of late and ability to finish off games efficiently. It's a start.

Edited by greg775