AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

kapkomet

Damnit, this team is making me believe again.

Saturday Matchups:

CHW (Peavy) vs. WAS (Martin)

MIN (Slowey) vs. PHI (Hamels)

ARZ (Jackson) vs. DET (Porcello)

Sunday Matchups:

CHW (Garcia) vs. WAS (Lannan)

MIN (Pavano) vs. PHI (Halladay)

ARZ (Kennedy) vs. DET (Scherzer)

In a perfect world, we can realistically be 3.5 games out of first by the off day. That's being optimistic, but the next two games are very winnable.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
And he deserved every bit of criticism. Just like he deserves full credit for the turn around.

Yeah, he did deserve criticism for some of his bad outings.. but luckily for us most of them came in non important situations..

Freaking ESPN...

They report on the game and all they talk about is Strasburg. They don't even mention Gavin's name.

I used to love them, but I've been steadily losing respect for anything ESPN since 2005 when Berman almost cried on air when we swept the Red Cubs in the first round.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
Freaking ESPN...

They report on the game and all they talk about is Strasburg. They don't even mention Gavin's name.

I used to love them, but I've been steadily losing respect for anything ESPN since 2005 when Berman almost cried on air when we swept the Red Cubs in the first round.

I've said this probably 5843274573473484 times in the last year and a half. So let's make it 54734764374374374373474 and 1 more time: THERE IS NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO WATCH ESPN FOR BASEBALL PURPOSES!!!!!! MLB NETWORK IS KING!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
I've said this probably 5843274573473484 times in the last year and a half. So let's make it 54734764374374374373474 and 1 more time: THERE IS NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO WATCH ESPN FOR BASEBALL PURPOSES!!!!!! MLB NETWORK IS KING!!!!!!!

I hear you, but unfortunately I have AT&T U-Verse, and they don't carry the MLB Network. I watched MLB Network all the time when I still had Comcast though.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
Freaking ESPN...

Did anyone notice the other night when the Sox beat the Pirates in the game where they made all those errors in the 9th, the highlights were Pedro Alvarez's first AB and then his errors in the 9th.. not a single Sox highlight from that game was in the reel..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Since the Cleveland game where he sucked and everyone wanted his head he has put up a line of..

9.2 IP - 6 H - 1 R - 1 BB - 13 K - 7/7 in Saves

Now we need Kalapse to come in here and give us some off the wall stat that disproves how Bobby has improved :D

I've done nothing but praise his performance in game threads, just because I'm not over the top in love with the man -- like Greg -- or think he's been an elite reliever all season -- like Greg -- doesn't mean I haven't appreciated his recent turn around. His stuff has returned in the month of June and it's breeding results, 7 baserunners in 9.2 IP is the exact opposite of what he gave us the first 2 months and it's awesome to see but teams with good, consistent closers don't throw a f***ing parade every time he does his job drama free because that's what's expected of him. I'm glad he's back to being a dominant force at the end of games, the first 2 months of the season f***ing blew because you didn't know what the hell he was going to do on the mound, it's a lot more fun when he's giving us 1-2-3 innings and getting his curve over. It's just sad that we're supposed to go bananas when the 6th highest paid reliever in the game has a dominant outing.

I also haven't used a single "off the wall" stat concerning Bobby Jenks all year as it hasn't been necessary.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)
I've done nothing but praise his performance in game threads, just because I'm not over the top in love with the man -- like Greg -- or think he's been an elite reliever all season -- like Greg -- doesn't mean I haven't appreciated his recent turn around. His stuff has returned in the month of June and it's breeding results, 7 baserunners in 9.2 IP is the exact opposite of what he gave us the first 2 months and it's awesome to see but teams with good, consistent closers don't throw a f***ing parade every time he does his job drama free because that's what's expected of him. I'm glad he's back to being a dominant force at the end of games, the first 2 months of the season f***ing blew because you didn't know what the hell he was going to do on the mound, it's a lot more fun when he's giving us 1-2-3 innings and getting his curve over. It's just sad that we're supposed to go bananas when the 6th highest paid reliever in the game has a dominant outing.

I also haven't used a single "off the wall" stat concerning Bobby Jenks all year as it hasn't been necessary.

And it means we have three guys we can trust at the back end of the pen again.

Truth is, if we ever lead after 6, we should feel damn good game about that game. Peña has been pretty darn good as well. Sergio seems to be hitting some sort of wall. How bad, I'm not sure, but at least we can somewhat pick our spots with him. Linebrink has been mediocre, and Williams has been bad, but the back end of our pen is formidable with Jenks back to form.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
Yeah, he did deserve criticism for some of his bad outings.. but luckily for us most of them came in non important situations..

The only thing that really upset me was people's unwillingness to accept that he was bad in more than ONE important situation, his success rate in situations in which the game was on the line was unacceptable and near the bottom of the league. Luckily the difference between Bobby in April and May compared to June has been night and day and now he's performing up to his ability and salary. It's funny that my name gets bantered about as the "Jenks hater" when I never once said that I wanted him released (that was thrown around quite a bit) and believe it or not I never said i wanted him removed from the closer's role. I just hated the fact that people were only looking at his save percentage when judging his effectiveness because as with many, many stats it doesn't give you the full picture of a player's performance.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:36 PM)
I hear you, but unfortunately I have AT&T U-Verse, and they don't carry the MLB Network. I watched MLB Network all the time when I still had Comcast though.

It is incredibly painful not having MLB Network and being stuck with ESPN >.

And Bobby has turned it around and I'm happy for him, but he sucked hard at the beginning of the year.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Did anyone notice the other night when the Sox beat the Pirates in the game where they made all those errors in the 9th, the highlights were Pedro Alvarez's first AB and then his errors in the 9th.. not a single Sox highlight from that game was in the reel..

And Baseball Tonight hardly ever has more than 30 seconds of White Sox info. But they give extensive coverage of the yanks and the red cubs.

Karl Ravech and Jason Stark hate the White Sox too.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Freaking ESPN...

geezus...took you this long?!? Every aspect of ESPN reporting blows.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
The only thing that really upset me was people's unwillingness to accept that he was bad in more than ONE important situation, his success rate in situations in which the game was on the line was unacceptable and near the bottom of the league.

We are 21-7 in games that Jenks has pitched in, in any situation.. for comparisons sake, the Yankees are 20-4 in games that Rivera has pitched in..

My post about you throwing some stat at us was more of a joke than anything, didn't mean for you to think I think you are a Jenks hater or anything.. I understand he deserves criticism for how poorly he looked at the start of the season..

Edited by T R U