Who makes the All Star Game for the Sox?

sin city sox fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
As far as Jenks, I don't apologize for listing him as somebody who could or should make it. He's been one of the better closers in baseball and sometimes they take guys on reputation and he's had a great season so far. Just look at all the Red Sox and Yankees who make it on reputation year after year. If you guys want to continue to devalue White Sox players, go ahead. Jenks ranks right up there with the elite closers. He has for years.

Seriously?!? I don't even know what else to say besides that because that comment is so laughable.

Anyways, Rios, Danks and Konerko should all be in the conversation but ultimately I believe it should just be Alex.

Greg gets the last laugh no matter what. Serious or not. Which he is. I don't know why you guys let it get to you anymore. I mean it's the same thing day in day out. It's not changing anytime soon.

Sometimes i truly believe i am the only one that understands this.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Why is it laughable to say he's been one of the best closers for years?

He hasn't been?

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Greg gets the last laugh no matter what. Serious or not. Which he is. I don't know why you guys let it get to you anymore. I mean it's the same thing day in day out. It's not changing anytime soon.

Sometimes i truly believe i am the only one that understands this.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
Although I don't think his chances are as good as Rios, Paulie, or Jenks.....if Freddy can get 2 more wins before the All Star game, he's a maybe as well. Tough not to take a pitcher with double digits wins at the break.

Rios is our only lock for the roster right now.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Although I don't think his chances are as good as Rios, Paulie, or Jenks.....if Freddy can get 2 more wins before the All Star game, he's a maybe as well. Tough not to take a pitcher with double digits wins at the break.

Freddy's ERA is almost 5.

Responding to greg775 posts is something nobody should do anymore. He's not even serious, he's just trying to get a rise out of people, and is succesful in doing so. Ignore him and he'll go away.

As for the ALl Star Game, Rios is in and Konerko is a coin flip in my opinion. Nobody else should even be mentioned.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
As for the ALl Star Game, Rios is in and Konerko is a coin flip in my opinion. Nobody else should even be mentioned.

Konerko's problem is that there are 3 1b with OPS higher than him. Morneau, Youkilis, and Miguel Cabrera. He has the 2nd most home runs and RBI from that position behind Cabrera, so he's legitimately in the running.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
Konerko's problem is that there are 3 1b with OPS higher than him. Morneau, Youkilis, and Miguel Cabrera. He has the 2nd most home runs and RBI from that position behind Cabrera, so he's legitimately in the running.

Exactly. Selection show is in 2 weeks I believe, and he needs to have a good 2 weeks.

Responding to greg775 posts is something nobody should do anymore. He's not even serious, he's just trying to get a rise out of people, and is succesful in doing so. Ignore him and he'll go away.

Are you crazy? Do you know how long I've been here? I'm not trying to get a rise out of anybody. I think supporting Jenks and Ozzie may be unpopular, but my arguments for them are at least reasonable. I remember supporting Paulie heavily a couple years ago as well and that wasn't popular at the time and it seems to me everybody's back loving Paulie again.

I mean I can discuss other topics besides Oz and Jenks if you like. Start a new thread.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
Are you crazy? Do you know how long I've been here? I'm not trying to get a rise out of anybody. I think supporting Jenks and Ozzie may be unpopular, but my arguments for them are at least reasonable. I remember supporting Paulie heavily a couple years ago as well and that wasn't popular at the time and it seems to me everybody's back loving Paulie again.

I mean I can discuss other topics besides Oz and Jenks if you like. Start a new thread.

Don't worry bra, they are just jealous they cant be in the top 1000 members club like us..

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
Bobby pitched like an all star once again this evening....it really will be a shame if he's excluded from the All Star game.

No, it really won't. In fact, with how vulnerable he has been to little injuries this year, I'd prefer he not make the team and get 3 days of R&R.

I think the only 3 players that a case can be made for are Rios, Konerko, and Danks.