Sox at Washington 6-19 game thread 3:10 pm first pitch

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
It's about the same, he just has great command of it so far. Willingham's protect swing on that 0-2 pitch was comical.

Going off of At Bat its from an avg of 89 to about 91/92.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
Even if you could pick anybody in the world to be the White Sox hitting coach, how many runs would you realistically expect the line up Ozzie threw out there today to score?

I don't think all that much of our hitting coach. But this abortion of an offense is on Ozzie and Kenny. Kenny placated someone's silly notion to recreate the 2003 NL Marlins offense. The only difference is instead of Miguel Cabrera we have Kotsay. This was built to fail.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Even if you could pick anybody in the world to be the White Sox hitting coach, how many runs would you realistically expect the line up Ozzie threw out there today to score?

I agree with you here, I was shocked we even scored one run today. While watching a video about how the anus can tear during pregnancy, all I was thinking was that it's going to be hard to score runs when you only have 4 guys with more than 3 homers in your lineup.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
I don't think all that much of our hitting coach. But this abortion of an offense is on Ozzie and Kenny. Kenny placated someone's silly notion to recreate the 2003 NL Marlins offense. The only difference is instead of Miguel Cabrera we have Kotsay. This was built to fail.

The Tigers offense is #9 in the AL, we're #10. The Tigers offense isn't very good either.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)

They also had D. Lee, a roided IRod, Encarnacion, Conine, and a few others.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
Gameday had him 93 last inning though.

This is anecdotal, but it seems like he has these blips where his velocity spikes and then it goes back to mediocrity.

Any reason why this seems to happen (if it does.)

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
This is anecdotal, but it seems like he has these blips where his velocity spikes and then it goes back to mediocrity.

Any reason why this seems to happen (if it does.)

Fluid?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
Because you touch yourself at night.

My wife is 33 weeks pregnant....no way I'm touching her! These days I sit back, relax, and enjoy life by watching Gordon Beckham 2009 highlights while Air Supply "All Out of Love" plays in the background.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
And Mike Mordecai, he of the amazing at bat against Kyle Fansworth in Game 6.

Has there ever been a bigger sight for sore eyes more than seeing the opposition send Kyle Farnsworth to the mound in a crucial situation the past 7 or 8 years?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
Has there ever been a bigger sight for sore eyes more than seeing the opposition send Kyle Farnsworth to the mound in a crucial situation the past 7 or 8 years?

Owning a bar or pharmaceuticals and seeing Farnsworth come over?