Sox at Washington 6-19 game thread 3:10 pm first pitch

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
I think you go with Thornton...helps stop the run game if Morgan/Guzman reach. 4th time against the lineup, maybe Nats have an idea of his pitch sequence?

Ozzie will give it to Jake, you'd think.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
I think you go with Thornton...helps stop the run game if Morgan/Guzman reach. 4th time against the lineup, maybe Nats have an idea of his pitch sequence?

Not a chance you take Jake out after 88 pitches. Not a chance in Hell. He's in until the bases are loaded or we lose the game.

So glad we f***ed up another prospect. This kid hit everywhere he went. Comes to our f***ups and get f***ed up. Enough with this, its only mental bulls***, If the current group cant work with the kids then find someone that they can bring in to consult.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
So glad we f***ed up another prospect. This kid hit everywhere he went. Comes to our f***ups and get f***ed up. Enough with this, its only mental bulls***, If the current group cant work with the kids then find someone that they can bring in to consult.

Completely agree...he sucks, and what's very discouraging is that the few times he does put good swings on the ball, he has no power at all. If we could do it all over again, I'd take Smoak over him I truly believe.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Rios to CF, Jones to RF?

The Guillen family holds Jones defense in a higher regard than Rios. The Guillens really must live in a time machine, because they have visions of players in their prime versus what they are today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Completely agree...he sucks, and what's very discouraging is that the few times he does put good swings on the ball, he has no power at all. If we could do it all over again, I'd take Smoak over him I truly believe.

Smoak would be just as f***ed up. We suck with development of the kids. We have no concept on how to teach fundamentals and to assist players through mechanical issues. The only one that seems to have a basic grasp of that is Coop.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
How exactly did the White Sox f*** up Beckham?

You can come up with lots of possible things they could have done wrong, but I'm not sure what they should have done different. Walker doing too much to alter his swing, Walker doing too little to correct the flaws in his swing as they were creeping in earlier this year, the Sox moving him to 3b last year then moving him to 2b this year, the Sox bringing him up last year before he'd been in AAA for more than 2 weeks, etc.

Still, I can't point to anything I'd have done differently except sending him down now.