Sox at Washington 6-19 game thread 3:10 pm first pitch

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Missed most of this game but thanks to those contributing to this thread. Sounds like Jake really answered his critics.

From the 6th inning on, he dominated with his fastball.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
I wish they would have sent Beckham down to AAA for a couple of weeks and let Nix start at 2B instead.

Nix was just awful and it didn't matter where they were playing him. Nix made Beckham's bat not look as bad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
Nix was just awful and it didn't matter where they were playing him. Nix made Beckham's bat not look as bad.

The problem with Nix is/was he's really just a second baseman, actually a pretty good defensive second baseman, but he is not a good utility infielder as he sucks at SS and 3B. He's a pretty good hitter against LHP with some good pop. He really didn't get a chance to play enough to get his hitting on track but I'm certain that if he played 2B regularly he'd hit similar to the way he hit last season which is much better than what Beckham has been doing this season.

Beckham just plain stinks at the plate right now and is hurting this already weak offense. He should have been sent down for just a couple/few weeks to get his hitting straightened out so he could contribute as expected for the second half of the season. I just hope his entire season isn't "ruined" by all this.