Sox at Washington 6-19 game thread 3:10 pm first pitch

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

conspiracy theory: ozzie thinks Peavy will only go about 4 innings, and will eventually swap in Kong and Rios during double switches while burning up our bullpen

get out the tinfoil hats

also, poptarts have too many calories wtf, 420 per package.. insane

''The bottom line is when something like this flares up, you probably have to stay on top of it all year,'' Peavy said. ''The only way to get stuff better is time off. That's something we don't have the luxury to have in a baseball season. ... But we'll try to push through it.

''I want to be out there for the boys, and I've said I feel like I've started to find a little bit of a groove.''

I really don't normally dwell on injuries but this is kind of scary.

I hope Peavy doesn't suffer some serious injury. He wants to pitch and says he feels fine, but his shoulder has "flared up" and figures to be monitored all season.

In today's day and age this really sounds like an injury that should require him to miss a month or so.

Hope I'm wrong. It's pretty obvious Jake is a bulldog.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
WTF no Viciedo?

WTF no Viciedo or Rios or PK??!!?? Worried about the heat so you replace the 20-something and red-hot Rios with the ancient Jones? And PK sits for the career pinch hitter?

Oh, I forgot, you can Kount on Kotsay.....because he's left handed? Because, because, because??????

Can't wait for Teahan's return so he can kill all momentum.

Ozzie is certifiable.

Edited by 11and1

QUOTE (11and1 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
WTF no Viciedo or Rios or PK??!!??

Oh, I forgot, you can Kount on Kotsay.....

Can't wait for Teahan's return so he can kill all momentum.

Ozzie is certifiable.

This is the "I am Ozzie and smarter than all of you lineup." Cause when we somehow win 2-1 he will tell everyone how damn smart he is. When PK or Rios come in late to help win the game he will be in every media members face about being smart and the fans being dumb. Of course we know better and will probably lose 7-1 and then he can blame the fact that Rios and PK needed a day off. He is a real jackhole.

This is the "I am Ozzie and smarter than all of you lineup." Cause when we somehow win 2-1 he will tell everyone how damn smart he is. When PK or Rios come in late to help win the game he will be in every media members face about being smart and the fans being dumb. Of course we know better and will probably lose 7-1 and then he can blame the fact that Rios and PK needed a day off. He is a real jackhole.

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+

Does Ozzie do that? I don't remember reading quotes where he brags about himself? He's a players' manager and builds them up or tells it like it is when we suck.

If we do win 2-1, I'll be mighty happy. WHo cares who gets the credit. You guys get worked up about a lot of things. Maybe we'll win the f***ing game? Let it play out before you freak out is my motto in life.

Rios does need a day, he's been struggling a bit as of late. Viciedo wasn't even on the team 2 days ago so it's not a huge deal he's not playing. At least it's not Nix in the lineup. Maybe Viciedo "celebrated " his 1st night in the bigs a little too much last night and isn't ready to play. A hot summer day game after an extra inning night game is a perfect time to rest some players. The only bad thing about is the Sox are on a streak and you'd like to keep the mo going.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
Rios does need a day, he's been struggling a bit as of late. Viciedo wasn't even on the team 2 days ago so it's not a huge deal he's not playing. At least it's not Nix in the lineup. Maybe Viciedo "celebrated " his 1st night in the bigs a little too much last night and isn't ready to play. A hot summer day game after an extra inning night game is a perfect time to rest some players. The only bad thing about is the Sox are on a streak and you'd like to keep the mo going.

You don't rest your two best hitters on the same day and you don't call up one of your top prospects to sit on the bench. It's just stupid.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
"No Viciedo today. He'll play Sunday for sure, giving Vizquel a chance for two days off with Monday's off-day. - Scott Merkin via Twitter.

The problem with this quote is that Vizquel apparently needs 2 days off in Ozzie's world and will be back starting on Tuesday. Vizquel should be back on the bench, spot starting and being a late inning D replacement.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
The problem with this quote is that Vizquel apparently needs 2 days off in Ozzie's world and will be back starting on Tuesday. Vizquel should be back on the bench, spot starting and being a late inning D replacement.

At least in my world, since Vizquel has been hitting, there really was no reason to make the move on Vicideo now.

Wow, I'm not sure the last time I saw such a godawful lineup. I think Ozzie must have mixed up his days.. this is the lineup you start against God.. but we ended up winning yesterday anyways. Oh well, it's fun getting destroyed on national TV..

Anyways, hopefully we win. I can't wait to see Dayan play (if he ever does).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Does Ozzie do that? I don't remember reading quotes where he brags about himself? He's a players' manager and builds them up or tells it like it is when we suck.

If we do win 2-1, I'll be mighty happy. WHo cares who gets the credit. You guys get worked up about a lot of things. Maybe we'll win the f***ing game? Let it play out before you freak out is my motto in life.

He's full of himself. He thinks he's a godsend because he won a championship here.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
You don't rest your two best hitters on the same day and you don't call up one of your top prospects to sit on the bench. It's just stupid.

Not to mention in two more games, they have the ability to DH Rios or PK and give them a rest that way once they come back home. Plus the Monday off day. Stupid.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)

He has said in the past that fans don't understand the game like he does. He acts as though managing a baseball team is rocket science.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)

ESPECIALLY in an NL park where you're already without the DH.

I'm in the camp that says Oz is ****ing with KW with this move.