Sox at Washington 6-19 game thread 3:10 pm first pitch

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we need this game bad lets get a cushion on this one, winning this one without PK/Rios would be great, obviously our offense is poor but we close this gap up to the ASB and KW is a buyer then a good 4-game series against the twins after the break will be huge. At least the guys are competing and winning these games against poor teams, the losses to the indians are really disappointing now.

It is hard to understand why he'd rest both Paul and Rios the same day. It's pretty obvious Oz thinks he can win this one 1-0 today. I would disagree. We'll need more than 1 to win. Should be interesting to read the postgame quotes if they ask Oz about his reasoning on Paulie, Rios, Viz.

Wonder if he'll implode like Lou.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
It is hard to understand why he'd rest both Paul and Rios the same day. It's pretty obvious Oz thinks he can win this one 1-0 today. I would disagree. We'll need more than 1 to win. Should be interesting to read the postgame quotes if they ask Oz about his reasoning on Paulie, Rios, Viz.

Wonder if he'll implode like Lou.

No one asks Ozzie tough questions. Lou gets a lot more media scrutiny.

No one asks Ozzie tough questions. Lou gets a lot more media scrutiny.

If the Sox lose, the beat writers do need to ask today, though, about sitting the Big Three the same day.

It's one thing being in bed with the colorful Oz; but if we lose, it's a fair question and should be asked.

It is sad CQ can't return to the CQ of that one season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
So is Martin throwing an invisible baseball? 86 mph straight fastball, yet he's set his career high in strike outs?

I'd love a chance to respond, but Fox won't let me. I'm watching an Iron Chef Repeat. The Secret Ingredient is "beans".

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)

Hell, he had a few weeks last year where he looked like himself in 2008 also. Pretty much when his foot felt fine he was raking.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
If the Sox lose, the beat writers do need to ask today, though, about sitting the Big Three the same day.

It's one thing being in bed with the colorful Oz; but if we lose, it's a fair question and should be asked.

Since when is Viciedo part of the big 3?

Jake hasn't thrown a ton of pitches so I guess he'll bat this inning.

If Beckham somehow gets on base, Jake will bunt. Wouldn't it be nice to see Beckham hit a double for once like the good ol rookie season?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Thank god the Nats are pounding first pitch FBs right at our Infielders.

If Peavy has the slider working, you don't want to let him get ahead of you with the fastball, he'll put you away.