YET ANOTHER WHITE SOX WINNER

kapkomet

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
Peavy had 7 K's today. 6 of those 7 were strikeouts looking.....

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_...ame_pk%3D264825

Talk about acing them on the corners!

29pp2xt.gif

I like how Riggleman was b****ing about balls and strikes.

I see 4 balls called strikes and 5 strikes called balls.

It was pretty even.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get all the "I don't want to get my hopes up" talk. What's the worst that can happen? We end up sucking again and we're right back where we were 2 weeks ago. It's just baseball. Let the good times roll.

That's true

I don't want to get my hopes up but it's getting exciting. I thought we would have gotten to 4.5games back but the freaking Twins came back and won their game.

Yeah just saw that on Gameday. Contreras of all people choked for themand opened the flood gates. Oh well today is another day. GO SOX!!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Last 11 starts from the rotation.....

Total: 79 2/3 IP, 56 H, 16 ER, 20 BB, 62 K, 1.80 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 3.10 K/BB

Those are awesome numbers. Now if we can just start hitting the ball better we may be able to get back into this.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)
I don't get all the "I don't want to get my hopes up" talk. What's the worst that can happen? We end up sucking again and we're right back where we were 2 weeks ago. It's just baseball. Let the good times roll.

Its just a little ridiculous when some people, or mainly just one, claim that were a playoff team all of the sudden..

Also, the fact that were beating up on the NL is another thing that really dampers the "were back in this thing" vibe.. if this happened against a string of AL teams ide buy it, but we have been just disappointing against the AL and thats the thing that is going to count the most..

but youre right though, it is just baseball..

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
This is starting to look like the team that just needs one more offensive piece to get back in the race again. I'm amazed that we're back in this position, but the NL will do that to you.

The positive spin to this is that the Sox started this little streak off by taking 2 of 3 from the Tigers

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
The positive spin to this is that the Sox started this little streak off by taking 2 of 3 from the Tigers

Not to mention we had the first Tigers game well in hand before our pen blew it. I'm starting to get excited for this team again. The effort is there, even if all the pieces needed to win aren't.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)

Exactly. Enjoy the good times or you are missing the point of watching the games in the first place.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
Exactly. Enjoy the good times or you are missing the point of watching the games in the first place.

Does anyone enjoy watching baseball for the sake of the game?

I know I still really enjoy just watching a game because it's still the best sport out there.

I guess the other question would be can you enjoy a game even if the Sox lose? If it's a well played game it still can be fun to watch.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)

I know I still really enjoy just watching a game because it's still the best sport out there.

I guess the other question would be can you enjoy a game even if the Sox lose? If it's a well played game it still can be fun to watch.

I enjoy just watching a game but its so painful to watch when the wsox lose because of my emotional attachment to them.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)

If it's a well played game, sure.

I can't see how anyone out there would complain about watching the show that Floyd and Strasburg put on, for example.

But a comedy of errors or bad pitching performances, who wants to watch that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
If it's a well played game, sure.

I can't see how anyone out there would complain about watching the show that Floyd and Strasburg put on, for example.

But a comedy of errors or bad pitching performances, who wants to watch that?

There was sure plenty of complaining for Floyd and Lilly...