6/19 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 07:58 AM)
Gilmore was not projected to be a power hitter was he? HIs OBP wold be even higher if he could take walks. Anyone peg him for AA later this year??

He was. It just hasn't happened yet.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
Kyle Bellamy:

3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 SO.

41.2 IP, 11 BB, 50 SO.

I keep waiting for him to move up. I expected him to make the bullpen later on in the season if he pitched well. So far the Sox have been relatively patient with him. If all goes well, I would be surprised if he didn't break camp in our pen next spring. Nice to have him and Santos because that would give us two cheap relievers with the ability to be above average.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Gilmore was not projected to be a power hitter was he? HIs OBP wold be even higher if he could take walks. Anyone peg him for AA later this year??

The guy has power. He just hasn't shown it during the games. You watch him take BP and the ball bombs. I don't know what it is or why he hasn't, but the in game power just hasn't shown up for the most part.

But the projections all indicated he would be a guy with 30 HR power.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
The guy has power. He just hasn't shown it during the games. You watch him take BP and the ball bombs. I don't know what it is or why he hasn't, but the in game power just hasn't shown up for the most part.

But the projections all indicated he would be a guy with 30 HR power.

I remember he smashed a few balls when we both saw him in Spring Training at Camelback last year, and considering he was a supplemental 1st round pick, he certainly does have that sort of talent, but in 2009 at least it just wasn't a good year for him at all.

I think he's definitely one to keep an eye on in the years ahead though (as is Santos Rodriguez who was the other player in the Vazquez / Flowers deal).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
I keep waiting for him to move up. I expected him to make the bullpen later on in the season if he pitched well. So far the Sox have been relatively patient with him. If all goes well, I would be surprised if he didn't break camp in our pen next spring. Nice to have him and Santos because that would give us two cheap relievers with the ability to be above average.

Bellamy needs to at least pitch a half season in AA before I'd consider him any sort of possibility for the 2011 Opening Day roster.

I was saying earlier this season, I'd like to see the trio in the back of the W-S bullpen (Bellamy, Infante, Remenowsky) all promoted to AA during the season. Infante has hit a rough patch lately though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
Bellamy needs to at least pitch a half season in AA before I'd consider him any sort of possibility for the 2011 Opening Day roster.

I was saying earlier this season, I'd like to see the trio in the back of the W-S bullpen (Bellamy, Infante, Remenowsky) all promoted to AA during the season. Infante has hit a rough patch lately though.

Speaking of Infante, did people see that report of him hitting 104 on the the Dash's stadium gun? Obviously he wasn't throwing quite that hard, but he does have legit high 90's velo out of the 'pen. The system is really loaded with good relief prospects right now.