Sox at Washington 6-20 game thread 12:30 first pitch

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
What is Teahen? Mr. Strike Out and Bad D?

If you guys like him I guess we agree to disagree.

Teahen sucked too. He was even worse than Getz last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Exactly. A .242 average is 1 hit better than he's hit all season over that length. That's nothing.

He is also hitting .321 with RISP compared to Teahen's .233...... Quentin is the better offensive player and there really isnt any question about it.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
We were discussing it in the game thread. Unless I'm thinking of Friday, don't feel like going back to check.

they have a listing of all the songs players come up to and willingham apparently has 3

Your Love (The Outfield), Chicken Fried (Zack Brown), and Even Flow (Pearl Jam)...either way it didnt help him one way or another yesterday :headbang

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Paulie's having a great day after sitting yesterday.

Anybody want to credit Ozzie for giving the slugger a day off and us still winning yesterday?

Probably not. Many only criticize.

People didn't really understand sitting our two best hitters on the same day with an off day on Monday. Sitting PK in favor of Viciedo yesterday and sitting Rios today or something different would have made more sense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
And I'm not going to give guys credit for that. If you're hitting .321 and you're a .200 hitter, you're just as likely to hit .100 with RISP the rest of the season.

The question is whether or not Quentin is a .200 hitter. So far this year, he is a consistent .200 hitter.

Alright, I'll give him credit for those 30 RBI's then.

Teahan's not exactly tearing it up either with his .250 or so average.

Sitting PK in favor of Viciedo yesterday and sitting Rios today or something different would have made more sense.

But we won, and the refreshed Paulie has 3 RBIs today and if we win, will be a big reason. Oz felt Rios was tired, he said, and Paulie needed a day off.

Devil's advocate would say with Peavy going Oz made the right call for the possible outcome of winning all 3.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Freddy's going to get in trouble and by the time Ozzie decides to take him out, it'll be too late.

I doubt Ozzie hesitates this inning if Freddie gets a couple men on. A quick hit followed by a 2 run HR could hurt him, but I doubt that.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
FWIW, Teahen's OPS against righties was .820.

Don't tell me we couldn't use that.

We definitely could use that, Teahen has a place on this ballclub but its replacing Kotsay's role not Quentins.

Freddy's going to get in trouble and by the time Ozzie decides to take him out, it'll be too late.

I prefer to think Freddy can suck it up at 82 pitches and get one more inning out of that stud body.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
In favor of Teahen speaks his OBP which is aroud .350, he can talk a walk and get on base. His OPS is .727 compared to Quentin's .705

I

Carlos also isn't slugging much higher than Teahen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
And I'm not going to give guys credit for that. If you're hitting .321 and you're a .200 hitter, you're just as likely to hit .100 with RISP the rest of the season.

The question is whether or not Quentin is a .200 hitter. So far this year, he is a consistent .200 hitter.

No credit for hitting well with RISP ? If you have a whole team doing that. You're going to be pretty good. Q second on the team in RBI's seems pretty important on a team that hasn't hit well with RISP.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Matt warming up.

Halladay fails us against Twins. Morneau goes deep, 4-1 Twins. Tigers up 3-1.

That Phillies team is in some deep s***.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
No credit for hitting well with RISP ? If you have a whole team doing that. You're going to be pretty good. Q second on the team in RBI's seems pretty important on a team that hasn't hit well with RISP.

You're not going to be very good if you spend the first 2 months with your team hitting .150 with no one on base and .300 with RISP.