Sox at Washington 6-20 game thread 12:30 first pitch

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
TBS was talking about the AL Central and the White Sox saying the Sox have strong enough starting pitching to be there until the end of the year.

Never heard that, but did pick up comments on ESPN BBTN and MLB Network about the Sox are right back in this again. I think it is Harold Reynolds who likes the Sox chances

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
Yeah, I am really loving what I've seen of Dayan so far...dude is pure power

Needs to drive in runs. But, if he looks good at the plates I ma sure they will come

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
Yeah, I am really loving what I've seen of Dayan so far...dude is pure power

And until this May, his power game was the thing that he was missing. So...there's lots of room for improvement on it.

Way to make quick work of them in the 5th Freddy! Watching Brasil and Ivory Coast here as well and I like when I flip back and we are already walking off the field after putting up the 4-spot in the top of the frame...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Wouldn't it be nice if Tank's ready and the real deal and we can turn Teahen into a utility guy?

Are you kidding? Right now, Teahen would take over as our starting RF. And he'd be a major upgrade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
And until this May, his power game was the thing that he was missing. So...there's lots of room for improvement on it.

That ball he hit in his first PA would have been a home run in the Cell...

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
Never heard that, but did pick up comments on ESPN BBTN and MLB Network about the Sox are right back in this again. I think it is Harold Reynolds who likes the Sox chances

I'm watching the Yankees/Mets game and they were talking about who's hot and who's not. Gave most praise to the Sox and Rangers. But that'll happen when you're 9-1 in your last 10 games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Are you kidding? Right now, Teahen would take over as our starting RF. And he'd be a major upgrade.

Don't know about major, Quentin has been swinging a good bat in the last two weeks, we don't know how Teahen is gonna look when he comes back.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
Wouldn't it be nice if Tank's ready and the real deal and we can turn Teahen into a utility guy?

I would not be against that, but how long do you have to give the youngster before a decision like that. I would expect Teahan back within a week

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Detroit and Minny both leading 3:1

Cy Pavano outdueling Halladay

That run for the Twins sucked. They had Morneau in a pickle after he got a lead off single and rounded the base too far. But Howard threw the ball into Morneau's back letting Morneau get to 2nd.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
Teahen wouldn't be an upgrade over anybody. You want him as everyday right fielder?

You want to watch him play right field every day? I don't.

Things that have been awful in RF this year:

Quentin's bat

Quentin's glove

Seriously...Teahen and Quentin platooning out there right now would be a solid upgrade. Q is at least hitting .250 off of LHP.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Don't know about major, Quentin has been swinging a good bat in the last two weeks, we don't know how Teahen is gonna look when he comes back.

Q is only hitting .228 in June with a .729 OPS, coming in to today. He's basically been the exact same hitter we've seen all season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)

He definitely would not, Quentin might have a low avg. but he is clutch with runners in scoring position, more power, and as of late he is starting to hit more too. Teahen should take Kotsay's place on this club if anything when he comes back, assuming Viciedo performs well with the bat.