Sox vs Atlanta 6-22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
I never said the Sox record wasn't legit. Honestly, when I said the big boy comment before, all I meant is that we're playing a team that's red hot and playing with a ton of confidence. We'll have to play better than we have been, even though the record has been great.

Last I checked, we're red hot and playing with some confidence...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Last I checked, we're red hot and playing with some confidence...

And if we were all Braves fans we could worry about the Sox putting an end to our hot play. Of course 2 of their last 3 series wins are against Tampa and Minnesota.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 01:32 AM)
Just trying to point out that these Braves probably aren't as far above us as you would have us believe...

They're not? 7 games better...they're one of the most talented teams in baseball and they're on fire. I'd rather play anyone else beside them right now. I also never said we'll get swept...I think we can win 2 games this series.

Horrible, horrible, horrible advanced scouting against Cabrera. Also, the Braves had presciently told Conrad to sit back and wait on the cutter, his bread and butter pitch...3-0 lead. Should still be 1-0 if they had positioned Beckham correctly.

White Sox have gone eight games in a row without a homer now. Didn't know that fact.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
Disturbing stat of the day: Tommy Hanson has allowed 3+ runs in only 3 of his 14 starts this season and no more than 2 in any of his last 5 outings.

Yeah, for the most part againt NL lineups, who our entire rotation just dominated twice.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
These game threads are something else. The slightest hint of adversity and you guys are already selling your team down the river.

Such a bunch of mamby pambies.

A lot of us refused to buy into the hot streak because we did it against the Cubs, Pirates and Nats. We were never operating under the highest of expectations for this team anyway.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
Yeah, for the most part againt NL lineups, who our entire rotation just dominated twice.

Tommy Hanson's stuff translates to all lineups, I don't really care what kind of teams he's shutting down. There's a reason why he blanked the Rays in his last outing.

4 career outings vs AL lineups and he's allowed 0 in 3 of them and 2 in the other.

We could get to him today, anything could happen but we're not going up against a chump. I feel a lot right now like I did against Strasburg on Friday.