Sox vs Atlanta 6-22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
Good for you. Personally, If find it fun to break down matchups.

So you don't think the fact that he was a 22nd round pick and this is his first full year starting the major leagues and he has a scarce few starts against AL teams raises a sample size argument?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 01:59 AM)
So you don't think the fact that he was a 22nd round pick and this is his first full year starting the major leagues and he has a scarce few starts against AL teams raises a sample size argument?

What does the round he was drafted in have anything to do with his ability? He was regarded the best pitching prospect by everyone coming into last season (as I'm sure you know). I'm not arguing at all with you, as I know this is between you and Kalapse.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
He misplayed it. His first steps were in and he busted it back to make the catch.

Yes, but when Heyward hits a line drive straight to center like that, that ball is going to take off like crazy. Aaron Roward would have missed that by 10 feet.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
What does the round he was drafted in have anything to do with his ability? He was regarded the best pitching prospect by everyone coming into last season (as I'm sure you know). I'm not arguing at all with you, as I know this is between you and Kalapse.

Because he is still adjusting to his stuff and this level of success. Probably a bit of a learning process since this has all come so fast for him. This guy was not a big-time prospect 3 years ago.

And it's nothing between Kal and I...anyone can jump in if they'd like.

I argue my bulls*** against Kal's hard numbers all the time.