Sox vs Atlanta 6-22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
So you don't think the fact that he was a 22nd round pick and this is his first full year starting the major leagues and he has a scarce few starts against AL teams raises a sample size argument?

He was a draft and follow pick out of Community College, that's why he went so late. He's dominated every where's he's pitched and he has everything you look for in a pitcher, I think no less of him today than I did yesterday he just couldn't find the feel for his breaking ball and started throwing almost all fastballs, this happens sometimes. We caught him on a bad night, I'm happy.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
He was a draft and follow pick out of Community College, that's why he went so late. He's dominated every where's he's pitched and he has everything you look for in a pitcher, I think no less of him today than I did yesterday he just couldn't find the feel for his breaking ball and started throwing almost all fastballs, this happens sometimes. We caught him on a bad night, I'm happy.

My point is that his history suggests this doesn't really happen. I'm just saying his history isn't long enough for us to know.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Because he is still adjusting to his stuff and this level of success. Probably a bit of a learning process since this has all come so fast for him. This guy was not a big-time prospect 3 years ago.

And it's nothing between Kal and I...anyone can jump in if they'd like.

I argue my bulls*** against Kal's hard numbers all the time.

These aren't numbers, it's based on having seen the majority of his big league starts with my own eyes. He's an amazing young talent and there's a reason why the Braves had him as an untouchable when the Tex deal was being negotiated.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)
f***ing hell. Mark Kotsay is having one of the DUMBEST season's I've ever seen from a veteran player.

Seriously, if he wasn't a white grinder, the complaining about his baseball IQ would be off the charts.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
My gripe is with Kotsay over Dayan, not Omar.

Thankfully Kotsay makes up for it with his bat.

I'm completely unfamiliar with the guys wearing White Sox uniforms the last two weeks.