Sox vs Atlanta 6-22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
Mets laying it on the Tigers, 11-2 and threatening for more with the bases loaded and it's still the fourth.

4-3 Brew Crew over the Twins still into the bottom of the 5th.

I wouldn't feel comfortable if those f***ers were down 10 runs in the bottom of the 9th with no one on and 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter... not after that Phillies debacle this weekend. I was listening to that game when they scored 5 freaking runs in the 9th to tie it.

Jim Thome hit a bomb off of Contreras in that game.

Then Ross Gload homered off of Jon Rausch to tie it.

And the Twins STILL won.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
It's tough for me to find him endearing when hear him say things that are blatantly false and I know a great deal of Sox fans are taking it as gospel.

I agree with the last part.

I've been listening to Hawk all 25 years...I wouldn't want anyone else up there.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
Okay silly question:

So let's say there was a force put possible. Is the runner out if the infielder steps on the base while the ball is lost in his shirt?

I wouldn't think so. I think you have to have the ball controlled.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Alexei looks to really be growing before our eyes finally.

And whatever you want to say about Beckham's range, he's pretty pure in turning the DP.

Has anyone said anything negative about his range at 2B? From what I watch he looks like an above avg fielder at 2B, avg. at worst.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
I'd say the opposite. He doesn't really have control of the ball, it's just stuck in his shirt. You have to be on COMPLETE control of the ball when you tag the base, having he ball rolling around in your shirt does not count.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
I wouldn't think so. I think you have to have the ball controlled.

Eh, sorry I am late!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
28,773 is the attendance...not bad for a Tuesday night, I'm sure there was a pretty significant walk-up

That's 100 pitches and the end of Mr. Danks for tonight.

Great game, the defensive mispositioning and bad pitches to Conrad and Prado led to 3 runs, but he actually pitched better.

Its funny what a win streak does for attendance. We might not lead the league in bandwagon fans, but we sure have our fair share.