Summer Drinks

Texsox

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks Summer Shandy sucks?

No, I think most Leinie's beers suck. Most of my roommates are from Chippewa Falls, where Leinenkugels is brewed, and it's heresy to speak ill of any of their beers.

I've been drinking a lot of whiskey as of late. Might not be too summery (exclusively at least), but I've certainly enjoyed the Johnny Black, Wild Turkey and Jameson bottles I've had.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
I've been drinking a lot of "Eclipse's" (I'm sure Jim has 7 different names for this drink). It's just Blue Moon and Guiness combined. I find it allows me to not get tired of the fruity Blue Moon as quickly since I have some Guiness in there to balance it out.

Definitely going to have to try that out.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
If you are a Captain Morgan person, give Sailor Jerry a spin in your next rum and Coke or Cuba Libre if you haven't yet. It really is a much tastier spiced rum than any of the Morgan stuff. Two other very good spiced rums (a rum style that is awful for the most part) are Kraken and Old New Orleans. Kraken is easy to find and it has about the coolest label ever, while ONO is almost impossible to come by outside of New Orleans.

Sailor Jerry's is spectacular.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
I love Blue Moon, can't get enough of that stuff.

Doesn't get much better than a Blue Moon with an orange slice.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
That sounds like a winner. A nice twist on a boilermaker. I bet the same drink with Laird's Applejack instead of bourbon would work nicely as well.

So many great drinks, so few liver cells left.

:lolhitting

fixed

One recipe in Remixed that caught my eye was the Dharma Bum, a hot drink of Tazo organic chai concentrate, Silk soy creamer, and spiced rum. I'm wondering why, besides a possible endorsement, he would prefer soy creamer to regular creamer.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
fixed

One recipe in Remixed that caught my eye was the Dharma Bum, a hot drink of Tazo organic chai concentrate, Silk soy creamer, and spiced rum. I'm wondering why, besides a possible endorsement, he would prefer soy creamer to regular creamer.

That one caught my eye as well. I assume the call for soy creamer is both because Jeff indicates the chai and creamer should be boiled and not just heated, and possibly also from a stylistic standpoint to match the Indian-Asian tone set by the use of chai.

You seriously need to try the Remsberg Planter at soonest convenience, one of the best rum drinks I've encountered in a long time. And I fibbed before. . . it's only 3 ounces of Coruba and not 4. I was thinking of the Beachbum interpretation of the original Pat O'Brien Hurricane that uses a full 4 ounces of Coruba.

Summertime favorite would be Summer Shandy. Right now in the fridge I've got Summer Shandy, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, and my sister brought some Yuengling Lager when she came back to Illinois from North Carolina over the weekend.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
Summertime favorite would be Summer Shandy. Right now in the fridge I've got Summer Shandy, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, and my sister brought some Yuengling Lager when she came back to Illinois from North Carolina over the weekend.

I just got back from N.C., I must've drank at least 60 Yuenglings over that ten day span.

Ah yes. Blue Moon and Guinness...or Black and Blue. I found that at Buffalo Wild Wings (they had a poster taunting me to try it), and it's now one of my favorites.

Summer Shandy as well. Great summer beer. Extremely easy to drink.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 01:04 AM)
I just got back from N.C., I must've drank at least 60 Yuenglings over that ten day span.

Yuengling is one of my favorites. It's a shame you can't find it in Illinois. Whenever I'm in NC visting family, that's almost all I drink.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
All you Blue Moonies, do yourself a favor just once this summer and treat yourself to a Hoegarden when you see it on tap. It will likely ruin Blue Moon for you, but you'll be moving up a rung or two on the quality ladder.

I like Hoegarden, but I prefer the Moon.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
If you had some chirashi sashimi to go along with it that would be a perfect evening.

I got mini hamburgers, chicken on a stick, prawns on a stick pretty much.

I#m pretty wasted to give a s*** though.

Electric Lemonade:

One 24 case of miller lite

one handle of vodka of choice

lemonade powder

-Put in a large jug and stir.

It may sound like it would taste terrible, but it is actually pretty damn good, especially for bbqs and outdoor parties

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
All you Blue Moonies, do yourself a favor just once this summer and treat yourself to a Hoegarden when you see it on tap. It will likely ruin Blue Moon for you, but you'll be moving up a rung or two on the quality ladder.

Hoegaarden is one of my favorites. On tap, there may not be a better beer...at least not a better wheat beer. First time I had it, they served it in a Hoegaarden glass the size of a trashcan. Fantastic stuff.