Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Yup. Can you imagine Vlad on this team right now. Pains me to look at his box score every night.

Agreed...but we will see if it lasts all year. The Rangers are en fuego right now too. Josh Hamilton is re-donkulous of late.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
Mariners are up 6-1 on Cubs with 10 hits, 3 of which are infield singles, 6 shallow singles to the OF and one bloop double. Lee seems to be putting them to sleep.

I really hope someone other than the Twins gets him. If you replace Blackburn's killer 5.80 ERA with Lee's 2.44, the Twins are gonna be ridiculous.

I see no reason why they won't get him though. As good of a prospect as Wilson Ramos may be, they just locked up a guy for 8 years to do his job.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
There's no harm in sending him down. If he goes to AAA and turns it around, then great. If he goes there and sucks..and continues to suck....then you realize his rookie year was on par with Josh Fields and Caruso.

I would hope he fares better than both of them, but I guess you never know. His swing is all over the place right now.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Yup. Can you imagine Vlad on this team right now. Pains me to look at his box score every night.

Vlad has benefitted just a little from playing in Arlington.

Home - .373/.403/.655/1.058

Road - .259/.317/.411/.728

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
I really hope someone other than the Twins gets him. If you replace Blackburn's killer 5.80 ERA with Lee's 2.44, the Twins are gonna be ridiculous.

I see no reason why they won't get him though. As good of a prospect as Wilson Ramos may be, they just locked up a guy for 8 years to do his job.

Yeah that would be scary...and pretty much kill some dreams around here. I heard they might have to give up Slowey too...so he would take his spot not Blackburn's probably.