Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Wow Becks, this is not your day... correction, this is not your year.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way

Your job's a joke, you're broke

Your love life's DOA

It's like you're always stuck in second gear

When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month

Or even your year

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:14 AM)
His strikeout swing looks like he is bailing in an effort to get back to the dugout quickly.

His swing is like 5 parts right now...I can't believe they continue to let him try this terrible approach. Everything is flailing every possible direction.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
true, apparently they dont teach baserunning and sliding in cuba?

From what I've seen the only thing they teach players in Cuba is how to swing from the heels on every pitch regardless of speed or location.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Hopefully Flowers and Morel provide him a lot of protection down in AAA

i agree he could benefit from a stint in charlotte but what do you think he is long term. is this just a blip on his way to stardom like we all expected after last year. or is he gonna end up being another disapointment?

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:16 AM)
i agree he could benefit from a stint in charlotte but what do you think he is long term. is this just a blip on his way to stardom like we all expected after last year. or is he gonna end up being another disapointment?

I'm not sure, more than anything else, his lack of power really worries me. The ball just isn't jumping off of his bat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
His swing is like 5 parts right now...I can't believe they continue to let him try this terrible approach. Everything is flailing every possible direction.

Definitely. Every at bat is very awkward and mechanical looking. He has a Fukudome-like bailing movement with his front foot that gives him no chance at all to do anything productive.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)

Well maybe they can have someone take a look at his swing, besides the amateur psychologist that believes its only in his head.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
And people weren't willing to give him up for Agon last year. If we only had a crystal ball.

I know its easy to say now, but I never understood why everyone labeled him as a sure thing, cant miss superstar right from the beginning. I guess it was because we really haven't had any elite prospects since the early 90's.