Who should start at 3B/2B for the near future?

caulfield12

What's your solution?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want at 3rd and 2nd for the immediate future?

• Viciedo at 3B, Omar at 2B, Beckham down
    • Vizquel at 3B, keep Beckham at 2B, Viciedo as platoon against LHP
    • Vizquel at 3B, Lillibridge at 2B, Beckham to AAA
    • Edwin Encarnacion at 3B, Omar at 2B
    • Joe Crede at 3B or Ray Durham at 2B...with Omar starting at other spot, sentimental move
    • Sign Mark Grudzielanek for 2B
    • Wait on Mark Teahen, KHP and I are completely wrong about him and should be castigated for our vendettas, plus Mark is getting married this offseason so we should cut him some slack
    • Trade for Alex Gordon, fleece Dayton Moore

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
Discuss/debate/argue.

I vote for Viciedo at 3B, Vizquel at 2B and Gordon Beckham to Charlotte.

It's time for us to get Gordon straightened out in a stress-free environment. He's just pressing way too hard and has never encountered failure.

Agree. Beckham just looks lost.

Too many options?

I'd love to have both Alex Gordon and Gordon Beckham down in Charlotte as insurance.

I just don't think Moore would dare to trade him to another team in the same division.

The only problem is that Minnesota has almost unlimited resources, they can afford to fix their 3B situation, add middle relief or even an experienced closer/set-up guy to go with Guerrier/Crain and ALSO add Cliff Lee. They have Hicks and Revere, not to mention Ramos, as trade bait.

Viciedo needs to get into the startling lineup on a semi-regular basis. If he's not starting at least 3-4 days a week, being here is detrimental to his development.

And as much as I hate to say it, I'll take Vizquel/Lillibridge at 2B over Beckham for the next couple of weeks. Especially if this team continues to win games.

I should add the shocking move of the century....

KW trades for Fukudome and Soriano and makes the biggest gamble in the history of GM-ing, getting the Cubs to take on the contracts of Linebrink and Teahen.

Soriano is installed as the new leadoff hitter/2B, with Quentin moving to DH, Fukudome in RF and Pierre moved down to the 9th spot.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
I should add the shocking move of the century....

KW trades for Fukudome and Soriano and makes the biggest gamble in the history of GM-ing, getting the Cubs to take on the contracts of Linebrink and Teahen.

Soriano is installed as the new leadoff hitter/2B, with Quentin moving to DH, Fukudome in RF and Pierre moved down to the 9th spot.

JR would never allow the Sox to take on those contracts. But we can all dream...

Vizquel at 3B, keep Beckham at 2B, Viciedo as platoon against LHP

I like this one right now. I can't believe I'd ever want Omar in our lineup heading into this season.

I wouldn't mind Viciedo at third and Omar/Beckham combo at second.

I think it'd be dumb to kill the mojo right now and change anything drastically til we lose 2 in a row. The team turned it around; maybe Beckham finally will. I wouldn't be upset though, if Beckham got sent down, except for the superstitious part of changing a good thing.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
I like this one right now. I can't believe I'd ever want Omar in our lineup heading into this season.

I wouldn't mind Viciedo at third and Omar/Beckham combo at second.

I think it'd be dumb to kill the mojo right now and change anything drastically til we lose 2 in a row. The team turned it around; maybe Beckham finally will. I wouldn't be upset though, if Beckham got sent down, except for the superstitious part of changing a good thing.

I agree with all of this. You'd sure hate to see the team suddenly tank if the kid gets sent down; chemistry, superstition whatever you call it.

To Gordon: Just relax and hit a few man so we don't have to hide your bat in the lineup anymore. It's ok for now but we can't be havin this when the race heats up after the break. We all want to believe in you, we really do.

Personally I have no solution whatsoever , leave it the way it is now , Any combination of Vizquel, Viciedo, Beckham and Lilliputian is acceptable depending on who's pitching. If Lilliputian shows in his limited appearances to be good at turning a DP and getting on base that could afford us an opportunity to send Beckham down.

How about Tehean (when healthy) at 3B, Vizquel at 2B, Beckham down to AAA. BTW anyone have a status or update on Tehean hes been gone for like a month now with this broken finger. Andre Either broker his finger a few weeks ago and was out for like 10-12 days, its been like 30 for Tehean, what gives.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 01:10 AM)
How about Tehean (when healthy) at 3B, Vizquel at 2B, Beckham down to AAA. BTW anyone have a status or update on Tehean hes been gone for like a month now with this broken finger. Andre Either broker his finger a few weeks ago and was out for like 10-12 days, its been like 30 for Tehean, what gives.

Teahens defense is SO terrible. I'm not completely sold that he gets to come back and play third...

I would like to see Encarnacion at 3B, though he has been down offensively for a while. At his age, I am not sure Omar can keep up this level of production over the long haul and he is going to need someone to spell him. Beckhams been pretty good defensively during this streak, Teahen could move back to 2B when he returns from injury Becham goes down and Viciendo and PK rotate between 1B/DH. When Beckham comes back up Teahen moves to UTL role.

There's just no way we can possibly put Mark Teahen at 2B.

It would be like putting Dye back at SS, or Brian Daubach in CF.

I'm no Lillibridge fan, but I would much rather go with him and suffer a bit with the OPS than see Teahen there again. I have witnessed enough of his OF and 2B play to say "please, Oh God, no" and surely Bell/Cora/Guillen should be smart enough as former infielders not to disgrace the diamond with this ill-fated Royals idea again.

Edited by caulfield12

Oz just said that platooning Beckham and Vizquel at second is now a becoming a possibility. Viciedo playing well could only help that decision - cst_sox

Beckham could face platoon at 2B. .199 batting ave. 1BB in 29 games, too many K's says Guillen - MGonzales

Dayan at 3rd, Omar at 2nd, Beckham down is the clear choice in my opinion. I'd be a little more keen on the Edwin Encarnacion idea if we hadn't just called Dayan up. Either way, I don't think you can make Teahen the everyday 3rd baseman again when he's healthy.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
There's just no way we can possibly put Mark Teahen at 2B.

It would be like putting Dye back at SS, or Brian Daubach in CF.

I'm no Lillibridge fan, but I would much rather go with him and suffer a bit with the OPS than see Teahen there again. I have witnessed enough of his OF and 2B play to say "please, Oh God, no" and surely Bell/Cora/Guillen should be smart enough as former infielders not to disgrace the diamond with this ill-fated Royals idea again.

Yeah, Teahen has 3 starts at 2B in his ML career. That's not going to work, even if he were physically capable of playing the position competently.

I'd rather platoon Teahen and Jones at DH, where Teahen would get all of the starts against RHP (meaning that he'd be starting about 4 days a week). Teahen could occasionally spell Vizquel at 3B. Lillibridge/Vizquel at 2B/3B is (sadly) not much of an offensive drop-off from Beckham/Vizquel.

Of course, that would mean that Ozzie's man-love Kotsay would be the odd man out. So it's probably not going to happen.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
Oz just said that platooning Beckham and Vizquel at second is now a becoming a possibility. Viciedo playing well could only help that decision - cst_sox

Beckham could face platoon at 2B. .199 batting ave. 1BB in 29 games, too many K's says Guillen - MGonzales

Viciedo needs to be the freaking starting lineup before it's deemed whether or not he could play well. How about we do that first, Oz?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
They should trade for Mike Fontenot. He's not getting much playing time for the Cubs, and he'd provide some nice hitting from the left side.

That's actually not a bad idea, but all things considered, I can't see any way that happens.