Who should start at 3B/2B for the near future?

caulfield12

What's your solution?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want at 3rd and 2nd for the immediate future?

• Viciedo at 3B, Omar at 2B, Beckham down
    • Vizquel at 3B, keep Beckham at 2B, Viciedo as platoon against LHP
    • Vizquel at 3B, Lillibridge at 2B, Beckham to AAA
    • Edwin Encarnacion at 3B, Omar at 2B
    • Joe Crede at 3B or Ray Durham at 2B...with Omar starting at other spot, sentimental move
    • Sign Mark Grudzielanek for 2B
    • Wait on Mark Teahen, KHP and I are completely wrong about him and should be castigated for our vendettas, plus Mark is getting married this offseason so we should cut him some slack
    • Trade for Alex Gordon, fleece Dayton Moore

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:49 PM)
I should add the shocking move of the century....

KW trades for Fukudome and Soriano and makes the biggest gamble in the history of GM-ing, getting the Cubs to take on the contracts of Linebrink and Teahen.

Soriano is installed as the new leadoff hitter/2B, with Quentin moving to DH, Fukudome in RF and Pierre moved down to the 9th spot.

that would be a horrible horrible idea. soriano cannot play 2b and cannot leadoff. paying him $18 million for four more years would be insane, he will be a below average player during that time. the cubs would gladly take linebrink and teahen's contracts if they could dump soriano.

Yeah if we took on Soriano we'd be able to dump all three of Linebrink/Teahen/Pierre PLUS get a prospect PLUS get a guy like Marshall IMO, and I'd still be asking for more. Soriano is one of the absolute worst deals in all of baseball, without question. He's playing well now, but the Cubs are giving him something like $18M per until he's like 38-39 or so, and much of his value comes from speed and power. When he's making even less contact and can't run anymore he'll essentially be a DH who can't walk and strikes out more than Jay Bruce with like half the home runs he'd hit... I mean, this dude is going to be seriously bad and the Cubs are going to be paying out the ass for him. This is the deal that, among all others, should have had Jim Hendry's dumbass canned a long time ago. Trading Soriano straight-up for Vernon Wells, as bad as Vernon's deal is (he even makes more), would be a steal for the Cubs. That's how bad Soriano's deal is. Zito might even be a better deal at this point with the way he's been pitching.

Greg, they've been a lot more meticulous about birth certificates and authentication in the last 2-3 years.

I don't think KW would have invested that kind of money had his age not been legit, especially after the fiasco with Wilder/Gomes/Silverio/Dominican scouts or buscones.

And even at 26, he would be right in the beginning of his prime years. And we control both him and Ramirez for the next 6 and 3 year, respectively.

Greg, they've been a lot more meticulous about birth certificates and authentication in the last 2-3 years.

I don't think KW would have invested that kind of money had his age not been legit, especially after the fiasco with Wilder/Gomes/Silverio/Dominican scouts or buscones.

And even at 26, he would be right in the beginning of his prime years. And we control both him and Ramirez for the next 6 and 3 year, respectively.

Yeah. I'm just saying what Les Grobstein (sp) said. I'm all for Dayan no matter if he's 21 or 26. I like him. I am favor of him playing five days a week or his being sent back down.

Gordon Beckham to AAA would be the biggest mistake the Sox could make. The kid already had a tough beginning when he first came up, then found his mojo and started tearing up the league. I think he's going to find his stroke again, this year, and perhaps very soon. His HR and sac fly last night may have been the kind of spark he needed. It was also hilarious the reception he got from the bench.

I think you could play Vizquel at 2B some, to give more time to Viciedo. But Ozzie also should consider DH'ing Viciedo some to give him more ABs. Omar is also going to need time off to stay fresh.

I just think that now that Quentin and AJ seem to have righted themselves, and Ramirez to some extent, that you'll see Beckham start to heat up as well. We've already seen him turn it around once in the majors. No reason he can't do it again. And when he does, our offense would actually start to be almost dangerous. Certainly strong enough to win the games when we get good pitching.

I just think that now that Quentin and AJ seem to have righted themselves, and Ramirez to some extent, that you'll see Beckham start to heat up as well. We've already seen him turn it around once in the majors. No reason he can't do it again. And when he does, our offense would actually start to be almost dangerous. Certainly strong enough to win the games when we get good pitching.

I kind of agree.

It's been long enough to say I don't understand bringing up Dayan and have him sit.

Weird move and dumb. He's hardly playing at all.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
Gordon Beckham to AAA would be the biggest mistake the Sox could make. The kid already had a tough beginning when he first came up, then found his mojo and started tearing up the league. I think he's going to find his stroke again, this year, and perhaps very soon. His HR and sac fly last night may have been the kind of spark he needed. It was also hilarious the reception he got from the bench.

I think you could play Vizquel at 2B some, to give more time to Viciedo. But Ozzie also should consider DH'ing Viciedo some to give him more ABs. Omar is also going to need time off to stay fresh.

I agree, and great post.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
It's been long enough to say I don't understand bringing up Dayan and have him sit.

Weird move and dumb. He's hardly playing at all.

Completely agree. Viciedo is still developing and needs at-bats.