Sox vs Atlanta June 24th 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
I don't get it.. is making fun of Greg every time Jenks comes out your guys way of avoiding admitting you were wrong about his demise?

Until Jenks comes in and shuts down a team in a tied game, I will stay say his a liability in those situations. That was the main argument I've been making all along with him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Until Jenks comes in and shuts down a team in a tied game, I will stay say his a liability in those situations. That was the main argument I've been making all along with him.

Ide rather we just save one of Putz and Thornton for those situations..

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Then Jenks isn't a real closer.

I thought a closer gets saves, to you know, CLOSE games?

Gotta love that this place still needs to find something to b**** about with Jenks.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Ide rather we just save one of Putz and Thornton for those situations..

But he has a job, and that's to get hitters out. One of greg's frequent "excuses" if he leaves a starter in too long is that there's no reason a starter can't go 7 innings, NO MATTER WHAT. Thus, there's no reason that Jenks can't be an effective pitcher, no matter what the situation is.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)

Gotta love that this place still needs to find something to b**** about with Jenks.

Nah, they need to be able to get TRUE saves.. the ones that aren't really saves, to REALLY be considered a closer

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)

Do you post about anything besides criticizing the people that do post? From what I recall, you're an excellent baseball person. However, all your posts lately seem to be about the posters on here. No one was b****ing about Jenks in this game, so what you said was incorrect.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)

I'm not b****ing god dammit. Did you ever wonder why all the elite closers in the game have about 6 or 7 outings to this point that took place in tied games? Well that's because IT'S PART OF THE f***ING JOB. Kind of like what Mo did last night in Arizona. If a closer was asked it only pitch in save situations then there'd really be no reason to pay them $7M+ a year.

When someone says "Jenks shouldn't pitch in tie ballgames" I'm gonna f***ing say something because that's jut ridiculous. How about you come up with a thought that has nothing to do with other people's opinions on Bobby Jenks?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Nah, they need to be able to get TRUE saves.. the ones that aren't really saves, to REALLY be considered a closer

Now I know for a fact that you don't follow non-White Sox baseball closely. You don't even know how the f***ing game works.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Now I know for a fact that you don't follow non-White Sox baseball closely. You don't even know how the f***ing game works.

Yeah, must not

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Do you post about anything besides criticizing the people that do post? From what I recall, you're an excellent baseball person. However, all your posts lately seem to be about the posters on here. No one was b****ing about Jenks in this game, so what you said was incorrect.

No, I just dislike people who seem to have a vast majority of posts hating on every aspect of the team, then when we win act like nothing happened. All the hate Jenks was getting only a couple weeks ago is now just "well, well, all I was saying was he just isn't good in tie games!!!!" when every post was calling him a useless fatass. I see no need for that bulls*** for a guy like Jenks.