AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Haha first thing I thought when I saw our lineup today was we'd somehow win 1-0 or something. Just about how it played out too, this team can do no wrong.

Which is why i wasnt going to b**** about it. Right now, until it bites us I'm just going to enjoy and not get worked about something so trivial.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Which is why i wasnt going to b**** about it. Right now, until it bites us I'm just going to enjoy and not get worked about something so trivial.

Well it wouldn't have been trivial had we lost the game and winning streak 1-0 or something because we played a bad lineup. Fortunately, that was not how it played out though.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
This unbelievable turnaround seems to be just in time for the reality show...hmmm.

Haha, it's all part of the script!

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
Well it wouldn't have been trivial had we lost the game and winning streak 1-0 or something because we played a bad lineup. Fortunately, that was not how it played out though.

But that's my point. Everything we are doing right now is working, so to me that whole 25 page thread b****ing about our lineup last saturday following a win was kinda dumb. Until it starts to bite us, I'm going to enjoy this.

I think a lot of credit goes to the Blackhawks. Since they won the Cup, the Sox have gone 12-1. The only game the Sox lost was when the Hawks were in attendance, and the Sox just got too nervous from being in their awesome presence.

2.5 games back, WOW!!! :gosoxretro: :headbang :gosox3:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
I think a lot of credit goes to the Blackhawks. Since they won the Cup, the Sox have gone 12-1. The only game the Sox lost was when the Hawks were in attendance, and the Sox just got too nervous from being in their awesome presence.

It's rubbing off.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
I am somewhat afraid of the Cubs coming in and beating us. Don't know why, but it's just a feeling.

When was the last time this team won 10 games in a row?

If they beat us, they beat us. It would suck, but if this team gets swept and allows that to derail them for the rest of the year, then they were never going to win anything anyways.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
If they beat us, they beat us. It would suck, but if this team gets swept and allows that to derail them for the rest of the year, then they were never going to win anything anyways.

No f***ing way the Cubs sweep us right now. We are so much better than them at this point that I really don't see us losing more than one game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
I am somewhat afraid of the Cubs coming in and beating us. Don't know why, but it's just a feeling.

When was the last time this team won 10 games in a row?

If an awful Cubs team can come in here and derail our hot streak, let alone season, in a matter of three days....then as Dennis Green said, the Sox are who we thought they were (well, what we thought they were up until about 2 weeks ago).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
I am so hard for this team, right now. I gave up on them and I’ve never been happier to look like an ass for it. Thank god for Paul Konerko and Gavin Floyd. Also, stop bunting with Pierre on base, Ozzie.

You really couldn't not give up on this team, unless you were doing so based on something other than logic. There was no logic not to give up on them, other than it was early (which, by early June, it's really not that early anymore).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)

Yeah the timing of this run with the Hawks thing is weird. Even the they were just playing crappy NL teams thing took a major hit the last 3 days.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
You really couldn't not give up on this team, unless you were doing so based on something other than logic. There was no logic not to give up on them, other than it was early (which, by early June, it's really not that early anymore).

I think the s*** offensive production (which still isn't all that great) would be reason to lose faith. BUT, there was no way that the starting staff and bullpen could suck so badly all season. Way too much talent. That was reason enough to think that the team might turn it around.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)

Yeah the timing of this run with the Hawks thing is weird. Even the they were just playing crappy NL teams thing took a major hit the last 3 days.

This sentence is so grammatically incorrect.. I fixed it for you. And in it's fixed state, it really makes no sense..

You know, about a month ago right now, I remember Hawk Harrelson talking a few times about the 1983 team and reminding people how that team started out 16-24, but then went onto bigger and better things, ultimately winning 99 games that season. My recollection of that season is that things started turning around in June once that awesome starting rotation back then starting putting it together. They started pitching the way everyone knew they could pitch and didn't stop for the rest of the season. Seems to me we might be in a similar situation with the '10 squad. Oh, the offense as currently configured can't hold a candle to the '83 team, but from a pitching standpoint, it does seem eerily similar. Just an interesting context to consider as we try and figure out what lies ahead for this year's White Sox!

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
This sentence is so grammatically incorrect.. I fixed it for you. And in it's fixed state, it really makes no sense..

I'm about to leave work and am trying to make a ton of posts in a hurry, thus you ended up with that mess. I've never understood playing grammar police on a message board though, 90 percent of posts are a grammatical nightmare.