AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

That JJ Putz signing is looking f***ing awesome right about now. He's got a 0.79 WHIP and a 11.1 K/9, great life on his fastball and that devastating splitty, what a pickup. The back end of the bullpen has been nails for us. If you hope to win the division that's a necessity.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
That JJ Putz signing is looking f***ing awesome right about now. He's got a 0.79 WHIP and a 11.1 K/9, great life on his fastball and that devastating splitty, what a pickup. The back end of the bullpen has been nails for us. If you hope to win the division that's a necessity.

A combo of Santos, Putz, Thornton, and Jenks is just deadly.

Now if only we can get somebody to replace Randy Williams.

Pena's also been pretty solid.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
Pena's also been pretty solid.

Pena's come up huge for this team time and time again, he's been outstanding in his role. When your ERA is 4.46 as a reliever but you have a WPA of 0.49 you're obviously doing something right.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
I am so hard for this team, right now.

:unsure:

If this insane turnaround wasn't great enough, we have six more games against the Cubs and Royals before facing the "real" teams again. We actually have a legit chance to be in FIRST PLACE by the end of the month.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
I wouldn't want to drop either. Just put them in their proper roles.

exactly, Kotsay has a history of being a good pinch hitter, I would have no problem with him on this team as a bench player, hate to see him batting 3rd

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
I think a lot of credit goes to the Blackhawks. Since they won the Cup, the Sox have gone 12-1. The only game the Sox lost was when the Hawks were in attendance, and the Sox just got too nervous from being in their awesome presence.

2.5 games back, WOW!!! :gosoxretro: :headbang :gosox3:

You obviously don't give enough credit to the banner change at Soxtalk.com.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
Pena's come up huge for this team time and time again, he's been outstanding in his role. When your ERA is 4.46 as a reliever but you have a WPA of 0.49 you're obviously doing something right.

He's had a couple of really bad outings in meaningless games. Other than that, he's been big.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)
I'm about to leave work and am trying to make a ton of posts in a hurry, thus you ended up with that mess. I've never understood playing grammar police on a message board though, 90 percent of posts are a grammatical nightmare.

I had no idea what you were trying to say though.. that we were right or wrong for giving up on the team? Probably that we were wrong (but I disagree).

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
No, Threets

I do not get why he is not up here

Or even Torres. We already have our #6 starter in Hudson so the best role for Carlos would be as the big league long man, something we don't really have right now but could afford to carry given how great 5 of our other bullpen arms have been. Couldn't care less that he doesn't throw left handed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Get Berkman for the DH spot, drop Kotsay or Jones. Its time.

Berkman's been bad this year, and his splits are showing a decline in peformance. If we're out to get a better left-handed bat who won't cost Hudson/Flowers/Viciedo, I'd rather have LaRoche.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Berkman's been bad this year, and his splits are showing a decline in peformance. If we're out to get a better left-handed bat who won't cost Hudson/Flowers/Viciedo, I'd rather have LaRoche.

I could totally see the DBacks demanding one of those 3.