AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 03:48 AM)
The crowd does sound awesome. 31k is ridiculous for a Thursday day game. Kinda sucks that this weekend is vs. the North Siders, cause those games are sell outs even if we are 25 games back, not 2.5. It would be nice to see the crowd that shows up against like KC or BAL or a team like that.

I guess, but people are poor and tickets are expensive. You can't blame em for pickin a good'ne

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
I guess, but people are poor and tickets are expensive. You can't blame em for pickin a good'ne

Plus, the rain/horrible weather cost us at least 5,000 (actual) fans the second game of the series.

I'm sure JR and his partners won't have to make too many lifestyle changes, though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
Good work querty or Q-Berty.

I fully take that as an insult, which it likely is intended to be.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
I would have never thought we would see a win streak this long. Sure some were crap teams but that's usually when the Sox lay down. Hopwfully they can put an end that when they play KC and CLE.

This 9 game win streak started on june 15th against the pirates. Coming into that series the pirates lost 8 consecutive games. You better believe they have something to play for at that point. No one wants to lost 8 consecutive games, let alone 12, or potentially worse... even the worst team in the majors. Do you know how hard it is to prevent a team a win after 8 consecutive losses , 9, 10!? Then to prevent a team during that very same winning streak from extending their five game winning streak to 6, or potentially even greater? Unheard of. No to mention they extended a three game losing streak the nationals had to six... a team that was, and is to this day not terrible. We even faced strasburg, something this league may have never even comprehended up until this point. While the nationals are not even league average, they do indeed have talent, and promise. The first six wins were on the road. Winning six games in a row, on the road, against even the worst of teams in the league, is an accomplishment in itself.

I don't see how this can be considered anything other than a spectacular run... barring everything they had to do to lead up to this point. Even if they end up 20 under by the time the season is over... the sox brought happiness to each and everyone of us... even if it was just for 7 to 10 days out of the entire season. It's something. Enjoy it.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)

This 9 game win streak started on june 15th against the pirates. Coming into that series the pirates lost 8 consecutive games. You better believe they have something to play for at that point. No one wants to lost 8 consecutive games, let alone 12, or potentially worse... even the worst team in the majors. Do you know how hard it is to prevent a team a win after 8 consecutive losses , 9, 10!? Then to prevent a team during that very same winning streak from extending their five game winning streak to 6, or potentially even greater? Unheard of. No to mention they extended a three game losing streak the nationals had to six... a team that was, and is to this day not terrible. We even faced strasburg, something this league may have never even comprehended up until this point. While the nationals are not even league average, they do indeed have talent, and promise. The first six wins were on the road. Winning six games in a row, on the road, against even the worst of teams in the league, is an accomplishment in itself.

I don't see how this can be considered anything other than a spectacular run... barring everything they had to do to lead up to this point. Even if they end up 20 under by the time the season is over... the sox brought happiness to each and everyone of us... even if it was just for 7 to 10 days out of the entire season. It's something. Enjoy it.

This may be one of my favorite posts of the year :headbang.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)

I get you on that, but I was thinking about the large amount of Cubs fans that would buy tickets either way as well.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)

God bless us, every one.