6/24 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Morel is 0-1 with 2 BB. Despite his pretty bad .211 AVG so far in AAA, he has only 9 strikeouts to 6 walks. He just seems to be real unlucky.

I'm not worried about him yet, he's had success at every level so far, if he's still batting .211 at the end of the season then there's reason for concern

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
Has anyone else noticed that Dan Black has been removed from Bristol's roster as a catcher?!?!? ..I wonder what's going on there?

He was drafted as a 1b/3b, I was unaware of any position change for him as those were the two positions he played last season

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
He was drafted as a 1b/3b, I was unaware of any position change for him as those were the two positions he played last season

They converted him into a catcher in extended spring training and has been one up until today.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
I'm not worried about him yet, he's had success at every level so far, if he's still batting .211 at the end of the season then there's reason for concern

Not if he still has an 11.3% K rate.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
I like Pangilinan in GF. Big guy. Flying under the radar.

Yeah, I want to like him, but he didn't walk or hit for power last year. Hard to be a 1B prospect like that, though obviously he's very young.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
They converted him into a catcher in extended spring training and has been one up until today.

Both games he's played in were at first base. He's listed under infielders now.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Uh-oh. Hynick faced one batter and was pulled. That's not good.

Shocking, another injured Barons starting pitcher. Shirek or Long should be activated from the DL soon, the Barons have an open roster spot and need another starter. Rasner was supposed to start tomorrow or Saturday.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 07:22 AM)
Anyone know what happened to Hynick?

He's a Barons starter, he was bound to get hurt. The entire rotation has been on the DL at some point. Lowe, Long, Cassel, Shirek have all spent time on the DL.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)

Really, there's no more reason for concern if that winds up being the case than there was about D1: the Pitching Danks having an ERA above 4 his first time in AA. He blew through the level he was supposed to be at this year...there are very few things that can make me actually concerned about him this year.