Sox vs Cubs 6-25 game thread 3:05 first pitch

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem for the Cubs is that Sox fans are currently sporting relentless game boners, and Carlos Zambrano happens to be one of those guys. I wish Lou good luck in convincing him not to throw the game, but I doubt any of his disconnected food rambling is going to help this time.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

I'll be there.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
The problem for the Cubs is that Sox fans are currently sporting relentless game boners, and Carlos Zambrano happens to be one of those guys. I wish Lou good luck in convincing him not to throw the game, but I doubt any of his disconnected food rambling is going to help this time.

And this post confuses me. I honestly can't tell what you are trying to say.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
Actually I was kind of misleading there, I actually just want to listen to 670 (McNeil & Spiegel)

Cant get it to work. Anyone else having trouble?

Ah I see..

I just tried it and you're right... It isn't working. Maybe it has something to do with them moving into the new studio??

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)
Ah I see..

I just tried it and you're right... It isn't working. Maybe it has something to do with them moving into the new studio??

it is the move, they've had problems since the move, B & B elude that it's basically in and out...

hopefully there's no overreaction to this series if the Cubs take 2 of 3, although the fact that they had extra innings and had to rip through their pen yesterday was positive.

This is how I look at the season, I thought the Sox would be a good team with the roster they had and be in contention with the Twins and Tigers and a big trade will sway the fortunes of the division. I see the winning streak as a correction of the horrible start, and even dropping 2 out of 3 against the Cubs, basically a death spasm series for the Cubs, won't mean the season is over.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
SS2k5, you are the man!!! Keep up the hot streak! :headbang :notworthy :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
SS2K you should make every game thread for the remainder of the season.

as well as the winner thread.

You have the power to do this.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Whose been awesome for 9 straight game threads?

You have.

Legen......................................................dary

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
Legen......................................................dary

Didn't you take over for someone else though?

Didn't someone else start the first game thread and you made one late for the second because he didn't come back?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
Didn't you take over for someone else though?

Didn't someone else start the first game thread and you made one late for the second because he didn't come back?

Nope, the streak is mine. I jumped in after we got Lilly-d

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:24 AM)
This series actually worries the hell out of me for some reason.

It's along season and you aren't going to win them all. We are playing in our home park and playing real well. We have a good chance of winning this series too

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Kenny needs to upgrade this soon. I don't know how much longer I can take seeing this.

Seriously, the team has won 9 f***ing games in a row and 13 of 14.

Are you ever positive, Sqwert?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
Seriously, the team has won 9 f***ing games in a row and 13 of 14.

Are you ever positive, Sqwert?

It has been a fun ride, but it will end. It always does. When that happens, the hole in the DH slot needs to get better in order to maintain a normal competitive pace and have a shot at the end of the season. Not necessarily being negative as much as grounded and realistic. No matter how invincible they look, no team can keep up a pace like this for an extended stretch of the season.