AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
I love Sabermetrics. Five years ago it would be nearly impossible to see that Jake wasn't pitching nearly as badly as the superficial numbers implied. Sabermetrics showed and proved that a correction was imminent. That's why I kept faith.

yeah, I enjoy following stats too but also watching him pitch also told me that... he wasn't pitching awesome, but just seeing him pitch also told me he wasn't done, but definitely the stats help support that argument!

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
yeah, I enjoy following stats too but also watching him pitch also told me that... he wasn't pitching awesome, but just seeing him pitch also told me he wasn't done, but definitely the stats help support that argument!

I agree. Nothing like using your eyes. But I've missed a few of his starts and couldn't use my own eyes. The advanced stats helped a lot.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 06:05 PM)
I agree. Nothing like using your eyes. But I've missed a few of his starts and couldn't use my own eyes. The advanced stats helped a lot.

yeah, no doubt, a smart combination of advanced stats and eyes have made it a lot of fun to follow baseball for me the last few years.

posted this in the Cubs thread, but worth here also since it was in the game, Cubs suspended Z indefinitely.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
yeah, no doubt, a smart combination of advanced stats and eyes have made it a lot of fun to follow baseball for me the last few years.

posted this in the Cubs thread, but worth here also since it was in the game, Cubs suspended Z indefinitely.

Aw, who is there to blow up in Cubs games now?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 06:13 PM)
I never thought i'd say this but if we can get a power lefty bat and a decent 2nd lefty for the pen, i like your chances against anyone. Also, Zambrano seems to have crossed a line with Lou today, this is a story worth watching.

no doubt, they'll have to eat a minimum of 50% of that contract to move him.

I obviously love what this team is doing, but I agree for the long-term a semi-big move needs to happen, although starting tomorrow I think Dayan has to go back to AAA or he has to be the regular DH with 3rd and 1st sprinkled in, I have seeing him sit on the bench at this point in his career