Sox vs Cubs 6-26 game thread 6:10 first pitch

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of joining the Kotsay haters club, I think it'd be better for the team now and forever to just substitute his name/and or Jones' name if he's DH with Dayan in the lineup every day.

Yeah he really needs to be sent down.

Stupid to not let him play somewhere. Unless they've discovered he's really 25 or 26 I don't get it.

It's kind of frustrating.

He should be playing third five days a week, Omar the other two and Omar fill in for Beckham some other days at second.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)

Stupid to not let him play somewhere. Unless they've discovered he's really 25 or 26 I don't get it.

He should be playing third five days a week, Omar the other two and Omar fill in for Beckham some other days at second.

You keep saying this and it makes no sense. You know Omar is one of our best players right now, right? If Viciedo is going to play anywhere it should be in place of Kotsay.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
You keep saying this and it makes no sense. You know Omar is one of our best players right now, right? If Viciedo is going to play anywhere it should be in place of Kotsay.

lol on the radio earlier, when asked about getting someone like adam dunn,etc cowely said that where would u put him? that u tell kotsay he has to sit now? duh! hes such an idiot, yea lets not get dunn, agone(i know we cant), etc because of mark kotsay, right.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
Can you read?

I put that Omar play at third two days a week and at least 3 at second. That's five days a week out of seven for an old guy. You want him to play all 7 days???

"some other days" = 3. How didn't I figure that out? There's also no way Beckham should be sitting down 3 days a week, if that were the plan then you'd be better off sending him down. We currently have a hole at DH, if Viciedo were to get regular playing time (which I doubt will happen) it should be at the DH position since that spot is currently occupied by a mediocre veteran with zero upside. Oh yeah and this would be the finest defensive alignment as well, swapping out either of Vizquel or Beckham with Viciedo in the infield only weakens the defense, putting him at DH keeps our strong D intact.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)

ummmmmmWhat? what would his age have to do with anything?

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
lol on the radio earlier, when asked about getting someone like adam dunn,etc cowely said that where would u put him? that u tell kotsay he has to sit now? duh! hes such an idiot, yea lets not get dunn, agone(i know we cant), etc because of mark kotsay, right.

When did Mark Kotsay become this great baseball player? He was a nice baseball player earlier in his career but never reached any form of stardom, he's now 34 years old, was designated for assignment by the Red Sox last season, put up a .309 wOBA overall and has followed that up with a .307 this season. I get that he's a great clubhouse guy and everyone loves him but he has absolutely no business starting at DH for a contending team. And for a grindy white guy his "intangibles" on the field are pure s*** though I'm sure he's snapping people on the ass with wet towels in the clubhouse all throughout this winning streak keeping up moral.