My 5th Anniversary is Coming Up

HuskyCaucasian

At the end of August my wife and I will be married for 5 years. I am trying to think of a good way to celebrate. My parents agreed to take our two daughters for the evening, but an out of town trip is out of our price range (I really wanted to do a weekend to Disney World).

I thought about a dinner and movie, but that seems lame for a 5th anniversary. Any ideas for a small budget celebration (under $100)?

I think the 5th anniversary is a budget anniversary as a general rule rather than the exception. It certainly was that way for me.

I'd say stay home and do your own thing, but do it up for the special occasion. If you both like to cook, then cook for each other and pull out all the stops — buy a nice bottle of wine, have multiple courses, and be creative with dessert. including what you serve and where/how you serve it.

I'm not really trying to romanticize budget-tight couplehood, and I reallt have not moved too far from that situation. But if you can pull off a memorable anniversary at this stage in your marriage it will be one you both remember forever.

Happy Anniversary.

if you want a night or two away from home use hotels.com or the like and you can get excellent hotels in the city for dirt cheap if you do it a day or two in advance, have used it for weddings in the city when I decided to stay down instead of taking the train back and have got some really nice hotels for a ridiculously low price

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
1: Cut a hole in a box

2: Put your junk in that box

3: Make her open the box

And that's the way you do it

Happy Anniversary man :headbang

LMAO! Now there's an idea. However, when we first met i worked for a pizza place, so maybe I"ll go with the "sausage pizza" route. :)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
At the end of August my wife and I will be married for 5 years. I am trying to think of a good way to celebrate. My parents agreed to take our two daughters for the evening, but an out of town trip is out of our price range (I really wanted to do a weekend to Disney World).

I thought about a dinner and movie, but that seems lame for a 5th anniversary. Any ideas for a small budget celebration (under $100)?

My wife would leave me if I suggested that for our 5 year anniversary.

How about dinner at Alinea? EDIT: Whoops. Just noticed the $100 limit so scratch that.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 07:46 AM)
These jokes write themselves.... :lolhitting

haha No s***...I was waiting for something funny after the first part of the sentence...and it turns out he's just being factual.

BTW, if I gave any of this s*** to my wife for our 5th anniversary...she would slap me upside the head. I can see it now....take your wood jigsaw puzzle and the wood between your legs and shove em both up your ass! And whats with this tree crap. Happy Anniversary honey...here's a shovel..start digging!!

Ways to Celebrate Your 5th Anniversary:

Plant a tree together. You can plant one in your yard, or at a park, school, or church.

An oak tree represent solidity.

A pine tree represents the evergreen character of your love for one another.

A flaming red maple represents the flaming passion you have for each other.

A flowering crab tree represents love eternal.

Toast one another with hope that your love continues to grow and prosper like the trees around you.

Gift Suggestions to Purchase for Your 5th Anniversary:

Purchase a framed share of stock in a major company that has meaning to the both of you. I bought us some stock. MUAH!!

Wooden baskets. I got you a wood basket....there's no jewelery inside. I love you

Magazine subscription. 5 year subscription to Shape. what????

Wooden jigsaw puzzle. seriously?

Wooden paper weight. to keep the divorce papers from flying away

Fireplace kindling. Since we no longer have a spark....here's some kindling

Silverware. To help you serve me

Wood sculpture or carvings. What's not to love 1187047-3652030945-b.gif

Wood shelving. Does anything say 'I love you' more than a shelf?

Willow twig furniture. Really anything with the word twig in it, is prolly a bad idea

Small wood folding tables. First thing my wife made me get rid of when we got married...but now it's our 5 year anniversary. They're BACK!!

Ping pong table. Every wifes dream

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)

Can you recall her dropping any hints? I would suggest keeping a notebook handy whenever she drops hints. Think long and hard about any hints she may have dropped and you'll have some ideas.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
Can you recall her dropping any hints? I would suggest keeping a notebook handy whenever she drops hints. Think long and hard about any hints she may have dropped and you'll have some ideas.

I dont think so. Not that I know of.

As of right now, i think my game plan is driving to Naperville, dinner to Lou Malnatis (her favorite pizza place) and then a walk on the River Walk.

Still working on a back-up if it rains.