Paging Kenny Williams

Real

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
Seriously, people are talking about trading for a starting pitcher and aren't thinking that's overkill?

You know what? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if KW did trade for a starting pitcher - then turned around and used Floyd or Danks plus some prospects in a mega trade for someone that would have all of us (in a good way) going WTF..

I'm telling you that's how that guy works.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should really just go after Ty Wiggington. He can play multiple positions and has just solid enough a bat to plug that haggard ass hole at DH. He keeps everyone fresh and he has been semi respectable at 3B this season (-2.7 UZR), he's hit 13 homers this year and has a .357 wOBA. He isn't expensive and should be pretty easily attained.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
We should really just go after Ty Wiggington. He can play multiple positions and has just solid enough a bat to plug that haggard ass hole at DH. He keeps everyone fresh and he has been semi respectable at 3B this season (-2.7 UZR), he's hit 13 homers this year and has a .357 wOBA. He isn't expensive and should be pretty easily attained.

Isn't he a righty? We want a lefty.

Gavin Floyd, Flowers and Vicedo for Joey Votto :headbang

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
LaRoche also has a $7.5M mutual option for next year. Not sure if he'd choose to take it over a multi-year free agency deal, but I doubt that the market pays him that much in 2011. And it also solves our 1B/DH hole next season.

It goes up to $9.5 mil if he's traded. So, he's not worth the option, he's just a rental.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)

Heh, that -2.7 UZR is in 38 innings this season, it puts him at a -80.3 UZR/150, that's not so good (helping to offset his bat and making him a 0.7 WAR player this year). He's going to be an awful fielder no matter where you put him and personally, I have much higher expectations for our big impact bat than Ty Wigginton.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
It goes up to $9.5 mil if he's traded. So, he's not worth the option, he's just a rental.

You also almost NEVER see mutual options exercised. The only one I can really think of is the Astros and Brian Moehler exercising his $3M mutual option last year. I suppose it's significantly easier with a reliever, I can't imagine a very good 1B and the club both agreeing that he's worth a very specific value that had been determined a year earlier.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
Heh, that -2.7 UZR is in 38 innings this season, it puts him at a -80.3 UZR/150, that's not so good (helping to offset his bat and making him a 0.7 WAR player this year). He's going to be an awful fielder no matter where you put him and personally, I have much higher expectations for our big impact bat than Ty Wigginton.

Oh lord ouch. Thought he was more useful in the field than that.

Back to the LaRoche boat.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Wigginton's going to regress and suck for most of the second half. He's not what you want.

I don't think Wigginton's necessarily going to regress, and I think it's ultimately possible that he ends the year with an .825 OPS or so. He's not a savior though, and shouldn't be anything more than a stopgap player at this point, and that's about the last thing the White Sox need right now.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)

Thanks, didn't know that.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
I'd love to get B.J. Upton. If they could instill a work ethic in the kid, you've got the best defensive OF in the majors.

His recent spat with Longoria may be the beginning of the end for him in TB. That said, it'd still cost us Hudson, Flowers, and probably Kenny's left nut as well.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)

He's been having back issues this year. Borderline DL candidate.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:29 AM)
Hell, if Washington wants to gives a Dunn for the likes of Santos Rodriguez, Brent Morel and Carlos Torres, please let me know how can I help getting them out of town.

I'd be willing to split costs. However, I'm thinking they'd want one, if not both, of Hudson and Flowers.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
I'd be willing to split costs. However, I'm thinking they'd want one, if not both, of Hudson and Flowers.

If Huddy gets traded, Sale is the fifth starter next year.

Also, I'd offer this:

Hudson/Flowers + Morel + Torres

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
That guy is both a tool shed and a tool. He might have the best package of talent of anyone in the game, he just can't put it together. I'd still love to have him, stupid or not.

He's one of like 10 guys in baseball that can hit .200 and yet you have to play him everyday because of three premium skills he does maximize (speed/arm/glove).