Sox vs Cubs 6-27 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:17 AM)
really hoping the rain isnt terrible for this game as im actually gona be there :pray :pray :pray

me too, but this looks kind of promising..

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/36728:20#

basically after one the precip chance drops from 90% to around 20-30 for the rest of the day, so might be a delay, but they'll do everything they can to get this game in.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
Good to see Viciedo is getting so much playing time since being called up

Pierre lf

Vizquel 3b

Rios cf

Konerko dh

Quentin rf

Kotsay 1b

AJP c

Ramirez ss

Beckham 2b

just one day i would like to see a lineup without kotsay in it

If the grass is all wet and players are falling all over themselves today then BP can sponsor each spill of the afternoon. Jajajajaja.

What I love about this game is that it's yet another pitching matchup that totally favors us. That's been happening a lot lately. Greinke is the only one coming up that is particularly worrisome, but for whatever reason we seem to do a lot better against him than the rest of the universe does, so maybe we can take that one too.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
What the hell is with Kotsay starting so often, does Ozzie not realize how bad he has been??

Ozzie does seem to want to stick with his original roster guys. I reckon it's more like Kotsay is a lefty and playing the percentages though

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
I just don't see what you guys are seeing in the games that Andruw starts recently that I'm not...

Andruw has started games recently? I figured he was DFA'd a few weeks ago.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
I just don't see what you guys are seeing in the games that Andruw starts recently that I'm not...

Yep, unless you're gonna start playing Dayan (sure as hell doesn't seem like that's going to happen) we really don't have a replacement for Kotsay, it's just such a disappointment to see him in the lineup everyday even if it is the best option.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Andruw has started games recently? I figured he was DFA'd a few weeks ago.

Hah...have you looked at his June splits?

He has a .382 OPS.

Mark's is nothing to write home about either, but at least it is above .700.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Hah...have you looked at his June splits?

He has a .382 OPS.

Mark's is nothing to write home about either, but at least it is above .700.

Not after yesterday.

Jones is 3 for his last 38, hitting .173/.269/.346/.615 in 119 PA since May 1st and has the worst approach at the plate I've seen of any player all year. I hate watching him hit.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
Not after yesterday.

Jones is 3 for his last 38, hitting .173/.269/.346/.615 in 119 PA since May 1st and has the worst approach at the plate I've seen of any player all year. I hate watching him hit.

Ahh, I guess they didn't update the stats yet at Whitesox.com

Jones is just swinging as hard as he can and pulling off everything. He does still have a good eye, but he's not hitting anything hard anymore.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere but Threets is at USCF and was an option to take Jenks spot. I would imagine if he looks like he can get anyone out at all the Randy Williams era could be coming to a close when Jenks gets back.

Yeah, Reifort said Threets has been called-up and Jenks is on the bereavement list.

I agree, Williams will be gone when Jenks comes back, which Doc predicted 3 days ago.