Sox vs Cubs 6-27 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad that I am listening to the Cubs broadcast on WGN because I don't have to listen to that jackass argue with every call, obvious or close.

Also I hope Ramirez quits this "I'm safe" s*** at first base because eventually he's just going to get shown up by an umpire. As an umpire I hate when anyone says "SAFE!" or "OUT" when I'm making a call. It is distracting and could impair the judgment on the call since it is a bang bang play.

Yeah, I'd really like to see what Threets can do.

Even Santos, it would be a lot better to get some more work in for the youngster.

Linebrink and Williams, yuck. Unless they really think they can get Linebrink on a hot streek for a couple of weeks of "Carrasco time" innings and package him for a hitter with a bad contract.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
I really hate that we have 2 guys in the pen that we never use due to their utter incompetence, Tony Pena can't be working multiple innings in every outing.

I don't see how having poor seasons or being kept on the team by the GM is incompetent on their parts.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
I am so glad that I am listening to the Cubs broadcast on WGN because I don't have to listen to that jackass argue with every call, obvious or close.

Also I hope Ramirez quits this "I'm safe" s*** at first base because eventually he's just going to get shown up by an umpire. As an umpire I hate when anyone says "SAFE!" or "OUT" when I'm making a call. It is distracting and could impair the judgment on the call since it is a bang bang play.

You really need to relax with the umpre crap, we get that its not as easy as it looks doesnt mean you always have to go to their defense when they do a s***ty job.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)

Pablo Ozuna says "hi!"