Sox vs Cubs 6-27 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the game thread makes me feel like the Cubs are about to break the game wide open and are dominating but I dont know cause I am not watching. Seriously i dont know if I am reading this through correctly.

It's kind of the feel of this game, truthfully.

5-2 Cubs.

That 3 run bomb killed our pitching mojo. We need to keep it w/in 3 and get to their bullpen eventually.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Im pretty annoyed that pitch got past AJ, took away the double play ball and different mindset from Danks. It wasnt that far out that I think AJ shoulda got to it...

Can't disagree. Seems like he doesn't want to be there today. Perhaps a late night at the bars.

That wasn't just "Not playing like Pete Rose", that was not even paying attention to the ball after it got away from the catcher because he was too busy flipping his bat.

If the Sox had lost 10 in a row you might have a point. If it was a guy who is lazy it might matter.

It's AJ and it doesn't matter.

If AJ's at bat and behavior is that big a deal to Oz, he should mention it to AJ later. Since it was no big deal it's no big deal is my guess.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
I slow-motioned the replay, that ball was foul. Very close and bad a pitch by Danks, but that was foul.

Looked foul to me too.

When it went over the bag, it was clearly on the foul side of the base. Plus, it ended up going in foul territory.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Danks just lost it. He's been kinda mediocre these past couple of weeks.

Prior to today, in June, D1 has given up: 4 runs in 5.1 innings, 0 runs in 7 innings, 2 runs in 8 innings, and 3 runs in 7 innings. He's won his last 3 starts.