Sox vs Cubs 6-27 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, even during this win streak we've only been scoring 4.6 runs per game (league average), we're going to need better offensive production as the season wears on, the starting pitchers aren't going to hold the opponent to 3 runs or less every game.

We got back in the race by dominating the NL, now it'd be nice if KW got us a DH as we return to the AL.

Without him making a move, I'd settle for Dayan but we know that isn't going to happen.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Bah, even during this win streak we've only been scoring 4.6 runs per game (league average), we're going to need better offensive production as the season wears on, the starting pitchers aren't going to hold the opponent to 3 runs or less every game.

If this team could keep up a "League average" offense the rest of the season, I think we win the division, assuming the pitchers stay healthy.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Time to go to Lens Crafters Hawk.

Yeah, and it's time that I send him a gift in the mail - umpiring attire - and tell him to join the umpires on the field and call the game. Then he'll see how difficult it is. Jack ass.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
If this team could keep up a "League average" offense the rest of the season, I think we win the division, assuming the pitchers stay healthy.

I don't think our pitching will be this good once we play AL teams again. Their poor performance against the AL proves this so far.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
I don't think our pitching will be this good once we play AL teams again. Their poor performance against the AL proves this so far.

The pitching doesn't have to stay "This good"...this good is like a 1.8 ERA. The pitching has to be where we thought they'd be though. Put "Peavy, Buehrle, D1, Floyd, and Garcia" pitching like they're supposed to with a solid if unspectacular Jenks, Putz, and Thornton, and a league average offense...we're close enough now that I think that's the division.

This has nothing to do with us maybe finally losing a game today.

But hopefully KW does realize we just mopped up on the NL and we could, uh, use a bat.

Or make Ozzie play Dayan, who seems like he has a lively bat.

What's wrong with totally dominating the NL, now we gots to play AL ball again, even though we start with the Royals.