Sox vs Cubs 6-27 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Yeah, you suck ump. If that had been a ball, Rios would have hit a home run. The Sox would have won the game. They would have gone to the World Series and our lives would have gone on anyway!

STFU

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Amazing that he'd expand the zone like that when the f***ing guy couldn't get the ball over the plate. You almost NEVER see that.

Yeah, you usually have to establish that you can throw a few strikes before they'll give you a call like that.

Such a good take by Alex too...Dadgummit

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
Yeah, you suck ump. If that had been a ball, Rios would have hit a home run. The Sox would have won the game. They would have gone to the World Series and our lives would have gone on anyway!

For the love of god...you just bring it on yourself man

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
For the love of god...you just bring it on yourself man

Give it a rest, and I will. It was a great series and a good run of stringing together victories. I will gladly take 4 out of 6 and I'm curious to see if the Sox will be able to continue their ways against Kansas City.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)

Yes lets celebrate bad umpiring woo! :headbang

Oh well. Was a nice run and we can start another streak tomorrow.

It's too bad we brought up a very good looking reliever to have him sit and watch as the worst pitcher in baseball added to the Cubs lead. Who knows what could have happened if Ozzie didn't bring in dead man walking Williams.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
Rios was forced to protect on that last slider with that incredible expanded zone. He didn't have much of a chance after strike 1.

Yeah, and I think he was still reeling from the strike 1 call on that second strike, otherwise, Fathom is right, he has handled that pitch all year.

He should have taken a step out and gotten his composure a little better before stepping back into the box..

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Oh well. Was a nice run and we can start another streak tomorrow.

It's too bad we brought up a very good looking reliever to have him sit and watch as the worst pitcher in baseball added to the Cubs lead. Who knows what could have happened if Ozzie didn't bring in dead man walking Williams.

Yeah, who knows...but we were down 7-2 when Williams came in, weren't we?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Yeah, and I think he was still reeling from the strike 1 call on that second strike, otherwise, Fathom is right, he has handled that pitch all year.

He should have taken a step out and gotten his composure a little better before stepping back into the box..

Great point, Marmol was working so fast out there, Rios never did get his composure back. I'm very proud of the 9th inning effort, and we just have to start another win streak tomorrow.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Give it a rest, and I will. It was a great series and a good run of stringing together victories. I will gladly take 4 out of 6 and I'm curious to see if the Sox will be able to continue their ways against Kansas City.

It was a great series and a great last game with two (three?) really bad calls by the umpires. I'll take 4 of 6 from a crappy national league team, but I'd prefer accurate calls and a legitimate chance for Rios in that AB.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Yeah, who knows...but we were down 7-2 when Williams came in, weren't we?

It still irks me though. Bringing in Williams is a sign of conceding victory. Threets is here so why not give him a shot? We already know what Williams brings to the table and that's absolutely nothing.

And it was 7-3.

Edited by BigSqwert