Jared Price Traded

DGSOXFan14

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
Gimmee a break. You're 19 and never had a real job. I've got shoes older than you.

Nice to be idealistic and say what you'd think you'd do.

But the commitment some of these minor leaguers make to hang in there for years that you blow off as being so easy is HUGE.

I agree. I was an athletic trainer in the minors attempting to work my way up the ladder. I even did the Mexican league in the winter for extra money. With a family it just became to hard. I know I didn't make even the money the players did but any player who guts it out for 11 years is really dedicated and loves the game. My hat is off to him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
This is f***ing awesome. You are f***ing awesome. Chase is f***ing awesome. Baseball is f***ing awesome.

OK ..this is why I hate reading what someone says and trying to interpret what they mean!! LOL

Either you are being sincere and really believe everything is "f***ing awesome" or you're being sarcastic and basically saying "yeah yeah, everything is awesome, please shut up now" LMAO

BUT ...if the first way I mentioned is how you meant it to be taken, then, Thank You tons ...AND if the second way I mentioned is how you meant it to be taken, then, Thank You tons!! hahaha ..If there is a 3rd way this could be interpreted and I missed it, my apologies ...I am f***ing awesome, but I'm not perfect! haha

BTW ..It's in my honest opinion that MOST of you are pretty f***ing awesome yourselves!!! :D

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
OK ..this is why I hate reading what someone says and trying to interpret what they mean!! LOL

Either you are being sincere and really believe everything is "f***ing awesome" or you're being sarcastic and basically saying "yeah yeah, everything is awesome, please shut up now" LMAO

BUT ...if the first way I mentioned is how you meant it to be taken, then, Thank You tons ...AND if the second way I mentioned is how you meant it to be taken, then, Thank You tons!! hahaha ..If there is a 3rd way this could be interpreted and I missed it, my apologies ...I am f***ing awesome, but I'm not perfect! haha

BTW ..It's in my honest opinion that MOST of you are pretty f***ing awesome yourselves!!! :D

I think he was serious. I also liked the post he was quoting too. It sounds like you and Chase have the fortitude and attitude needed to survive and thrive in a lifestyle like the one he has in the minor leagues. Hopefully he can perform well and move up the ranks.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)

I was being dead serious. It's awesome seeing baseball from a different perspective then we are used to, the real life side of it, and it's a bit humbling, if you will. We sit here on our computers and talk constantly about what players are good, what players are garbage, who the Sox should trade for, and so on, and yet never get to see the personal sides of these guys. So you bring that, and it's really, really awesome.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
I think he was serious. I also liked the post he was quoting too. It sounds like you and Chase have the fortitude and attitude needed to survive and thrive in a lifestyle like the one he has in the minor leagues. Hopefully he can perform well and move up the ranks.

Wow. Thank You so much, that means more to me than you probably realize, I really appreciate that!!

I don't know you all stand as far as religion goes, and I'm certainly not one to push anything on anyone ..to each his own is the way I feel about it! ..BUT for Chase and myself, praying, reading and believing has been a HUGE part of makes us so strong. We don't get down when negative things arise because we believe that everything always falls into place for us how it's supposed to, and even if it's not happening the way we'd like to be happening at the time, there is a lesson to be learned and it's happening for a reason. So we keep our heads up, practice patience and wait.

Other than that, we just rock each others' socks off!! LOL

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
I was being dead serious. It's awesome seeing baseball from a different perspective then we are used to, the real life side of it, and it's a bit humbling, if you will. We sit here on our computers and talk constantly about what players are good, what players are garbage, who the Sox should trade for, and so on, and yet never get to see the personal sides of these guys. So you bring that, and it's really, really awesome.

Thank You!!

Like I've said before, I have known Chase since elementary school so he's just Chase Blackwood, the kid who was friends with my brother, from Taft. CA., to me!! I get a little embarrassed when I see kids flocking for his autograph, I guess just because I know how completely normal he is! ..He doesn't tell people what he does when he's home, or even during the season. He doesn't want people liking him for being a baseball player.. He says "If they like you just because you play baseball, what happens when you don't?" ..and I agree with that!

Here's just an example of what I'm talking about; The other day he went to get his hair cut at a little place in Bristol, VA. He said it was packed, mostly women. The woman that was cutting his hair could tell he wasn't from around there and asked him, he told her he was from California ..she then asked him what brought him to little bitty Bristol ..he just told her "a job", hoping that would be enough, but it wasn't ..she then asked him what kind of job and he told her "just a game" AND SHE STILL DIDN'T TAKE THE HINT!!! ..she said "ohhh, what kind of game?" ..he QUIETLY told her he played across the street at the ballpark ..then she freaked out "OMG you're a baseball player here?" ..he said everyone n there was in awe and wouldn't stop questioning him about it ..he was thoroughly embarrassed and could not wait for his hair cut to be over!! LOL

That's just the guy that he is, very humble and the nicest person you could ever meet!

If you all ever have ANY questions about Chase or how he handles things, please don't hesitate to ask. I would love nothing better than to answer them for you! :)

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 12:29 PM)
Wow. Thank You so much, that means more to me than you probably realize, I really appreciate that!!

I don't know you all stand as far as religion goes, and I'm certainly not one to push anything on anyone ..to each his own is the way I feel about it! ..BUT for Chase and myself, praying, reading and believing has been a HUGE part of makes us so strong. We don't get down when negative things arise because we believe that everything always falls into place for us how it's supposed to, and even if it's not happening the way we'd like to be happening at the time, there is a lesson to be learned and it's happening for a reason. So we keep our heads up, practice patience and wait.

Other than that, we just rock each others' socks off!! LOL

You're a bloody Gideon!

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
You're a bloody Gideon!

LMFAO ...NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

I don't care about what other people do or believe, I was just telling you all how we do it! I"m not ashamed or embarrassed of it and could care less if people judge us for it ...I'm sticking with what works for us!! I don't see a reason not to!

We don't go to church every Sunday or anything like that, but we do believe in God. There's really no reason for that to offend anyone so it doesn't bother me to post it on here ..it's our business how we handle our lives, and your business how you all handle yours!

Edited by girlslikebaseballtoo#26

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
LMFAO ...NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

I don't care about what other people do or believe, I was just telling you all how we do it! I"m not ashamed or embarrassed of it and could care less if people judge us for it ...I'm sticking with what works for us!! I don't see a reason not to!

We don't go to church every Sunday or anything like that, but we do believe in God. There's really no reason for that to offend anyone so it doesn't bother me to post it on here ..it's our business how we handle our lives, and your business how you all handle yours!

Just making a joke.