The end of the streak deserves a thread.

Thank you pitching staff for the great run. Thanks for the 2 out hitting and hitting with RISP. Thank you defense for being way above average. Thank you luck for being on our side for so long. And finally thanks for the 9th inning rally today to make things interesting even though many of the things that kept the streak going ended today.

Please put an e in "deserve's " Mr. Mods.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Indeed, even if nothing comes of this season, the last two weeks have been fantastic! Better than going through an 81-81 season where you're in 3rd place and have no special moments, etc. (similar to last year with the Sox, besides the perfecto). I'm so proud to see how we refused to lose in the 9th inning, only to get screwed by the umpire.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
Indeed, even if nothing comes of this season, the last two weeks have been fantastic! Better than going through an 81-81 season where you're in 3rd place and have no special moments, etc. (similar to last year with the Sox, besides the perfecto). I'm so proud to see how we refused to lose in the 9th inning, only to get screwed by the umpire.

The 9th inning was really awesome. I haven't been that satisfied about a loss in 2 weeks (hehe)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)

still can't believe we're only 1 game back in the loss column.

They put up a fight at the end, you dont want them peaking too early. Remember oakland won 20 games and they didn't make it out of the first round of the playoffs...

Gotta see how they react tomorrow. The game will be a real REAL important gage on how the rest of the season will go. A win tomorrow and a series win will do wonders for this team moving forward...

I think we had a couple bad calls go against us today, but this team battled in the 9th and almost pulled it off. I think I liked that a lot as far as seeing fire in this team. Interleague play or not a team just doesn't go on a tear like the Sox unless they have something going for them

Couldn't have ended the streak with less pain. Didn't quit in the 9th, won the weekend and season series against the Cubs, and didn't lose ground to Minnesota. Been a great run coming back, and I said going into this weekend that with the numbers as they are, I just hope we win 2 of 3 vs. the Cubs and 2 of 3 at Kansas City to wrap up the month, and we're still on track there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Do you realize the last two Sox losses were games we might have won because Marmol was wild on the mound holding a precarious lead, but we came up just short?

After the first loss, we ripped off 11 straight. I think we'll be fine coming off the second loss.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Do you realize the last two Sox losses were games we might have won because Marmol was wild on the mound holding a precarious lead, but we came up just short?

After the first loss, we ripped off 11 straight. I think we'll be fine coming off the second loss.

Yeah, sort of an interesting set of bookends to the winning streak.

I'm looking forward to taking this series against the Royals and setting ourselves up against the Rangers as a series between the two hottest teams in baseball.

Indeed, even if nothing comes of this season, the last two weeks have been fantastic! Better than going through an 81-81 season where you're in 3rd place and have no special moments, etc. (similar to last year with the Sox, besides the perfecto). I'm so proud to see how we refused to lose in the 9th inning, only to get screwed by the umpir

I agree.

Now it's on to the rest of the season.

It would be nice to continue to play good ball and not drop four or five in a row now and have the streak not as meaningful as it was.

Great streak. Great great pitching and D.

Edited by greg775

Oh how a season can turn around. I noticed a distinct electricity this weekend at all three games with Sox fans--a sense that they were excited to see the team play because for the first time this year we feel like we're a good team. So that was extra fun.

A comeback and victory yesterday would have been unbelievable, and a total dagger into that lame Cubs team. Oh well.

Seeing that KC is our first series now that we're back to reality, I'd say that we're in good shape (although KC always seems to give us fits, especially there).

After the Stanley Cup, coming back to a mediocre Sox team seemed anti-climactic. Now it's exciting again.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
Oh how a season can turn around. I noticed a distinct electricity this weekend at all three games with Sox fans--a sense that they were excited to see the team play because for the first time this year we feel like we're a good team. So that was extra fun.

A comeback and victory yesterday would have been unbelievable, and a total dagger into that lame Cubs team. Oh well.

Seeing that KC is our first series now that we're back to reality, I'd say that we're in good shape (although KC always seems to give us fits, especially there).

After the Stanley Cup, coming back to a mediocre Sox team seemed anti-climactic. Now it's exciting again.

I just hope we don't have a letdown after an electric weekend with sellout crowds and overlook the Royals.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
I just hope we don't have a letdown after an electric weekend with sellout crowds and overlook the Royals.

I think there would have been more of a chance to overlook the Royals had they swept the Cubs...sort of looking past them to the showdown with the Rangers.

I think (hope) they're even MORE focused on proving they can keep it going, and bounce right back against KC. 2 of 3 is a MUST especially winning game one today...

I'm not banking on any more 11 game winning streaks, but taking 2 out of 3 is what we need to be doing, ESPECIALLY against a team like KC.

For whatever reason, that place isn't very welcoming to us. Last year we were around .500 there and so far this year we're 1-3.