White Sox @ Royals 6/28, 7:10, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
Well I care because it cost us a goddamned run.

The ump needs to call the game correctly, regardless of whether we agree with the strategy or not.

It wasn't a blatantly blown call. These things do happen, I'd prefer if we didn't afford the umpire the opportunity to blow such calls. For the record: I've b****ed in the past when he was safe in that exact same situation, there just isn't a lot to be gained but there is a lot to be lost.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
It wasn't a blatantly blown call. These things do happen, I'd prefer if we didn't afford the umpire the opportunity to blow such calls. For the record: I've b****ed in the past when he was safe in that exact same situation, there just isn't a lot to be gained but there is a lot to be lost.

Well, konerko has driven in Alex a lot with singles this season after stealing second. I agree with Carlos hitting the way he is, they should be more conservative.

But if Paulie rolls over one and we get into a double play there, people will b**** about that too.

Jim Thome just tripled.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Interesting...are those the actual names being thrown out? If they are, then I hope Dunn tears his ACL tonight.

yup. for future reference, when i speak in hypotheticals, they arent that hypothetical :)

Now we're back to the old White Sox.

Royals doing an imitation of the Texas Rangers with their Augusta National infield.

Just not quite enough offense...and Rios was safe, so it should be 3-2. Jones is as cold as he was hot at the beginning of the year.

But perhaps most troubling, the problems we've had for a decade with pitchers we haven't seen.

Now we're back to the old White Sox.

Royals doing an imitation of the Texas Rangers with their Augusta National infield.

Just not quite enough offense...and Rios was safe, so it should be 3-2. Jones is as cold as he was hot at the beginning of the year.

But perhaps most troubling, the problems we've had for a decade with pitchers we haven't seen.