White Sox @ Royals 6/28, 7:10, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Thome has 136 PAs this year, and I have no doubt that number would be more if Delmon Young hadn't finally gotten his s*** together. He's on pace for just less than 300 PAs. And he's murdered the ball.

Mark Kotsay has 179 PAs this year, and 91 of those have been at DH. He's put up a .190/.297/.380/.676 when acting as the DH.

I know I have to let that go, but Thome would have added atleast one more win than Kotsay this year. Kotsay has been virtually useless, and his value to the team, in my opinion, actually becomes less when Teahen returns because Teahen can do everything Kotsay does, but more due to his ability to actually stand at the positions of 2B and 3B, and he's a better hitter than Kotsay is too. I just want the Sox to DFA Kotsay so f'ing bad.

It's just really poor managing there, we've discussed this before when a hard thrower is on the mound against Omar. Plus he hasn't looked good at the plate today, that would have been one time I would have liked to see Kotsay up there...