White Sox @ Royals 6/28, 7:10, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
I said earlier in the game, but the time is now for KW to be proactive. By the magic of something, we're back in the race. Don't let it slip away though! We probably can't afford to fall back 6 or 7 games again, especially with the Twins having resources to acquire a SP.

The problem is that to be proactive is going to cost us a lot right now.

I can live with moving Flowers but I do not want to move Hudson.

I think it's either time to say "f*** it" and go for broke or we stand pat for 3 weeks or so.

What a terrible f***ing game. Great pitches to hit all night. We need some offense Ozzie!

I assume you are calling for Dayan. Cause there's no other spot Oz is going to find offense with this bad offensive roster.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 03:51 AM)
Four hits ain't gonna cut it.

The NL win streak was wonderful. It got us back in the race. Now if KW would make a couple decent moves we might stay in the race.

Jones, Kotsay, Juan, Beckham, AJ still are not hitting.

If Dayan isn't going to get a chance, we at least must acquire a decent DH type soon, soon, soon.

Again I take nothing away from the great win streak. But we still have not near enough offense to beat AL teams.

great post!

QUOTE (noodle_53 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Have no fear. Bannister's career ERA against the Sox is well over 7. Series will be split by this time tomorrow.

I'm more confident in Gavin Floyd right now than the White Sox offense, but I appreciate your objectivity.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Well, he got a base hit today and just missed a home run....but yeah, the road to hell is paved with almost home runs...

7 XBH this month after having 7 in the first 6 games of May alone. His ISO last month was about .355, this month it's down around .120.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 03:53 AM)
The problem is that to be proactive is going to cost us a lot right now.

I can live with moving Flowers but I do not want to move Hudson.

I think it's either time to say "f*** it" and go for broke or we stand pat for 3 weeks or so.

As I told you, it would be a huge mistake to give up Flowers or Hudson for a rental right now. There's no telling if we just go back into our struggles in the AL. Unless it's for Prince Fielder, Hudson is untouchable for me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
As I told you, it would be a huge mistake to give up Flowers or Hudson for a rental right now. There's no telling if we just go back into our struggles in the AL. Unless it's for Prince Fielder, Hudson is untouchable for me.

That is what I meant by saying "f*** it."

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
Zumaya just f***ed his arm.

Down on the ground and done for the season, is my guess,

PEDs is a terrible thing. How many freak injuries can he have before realizing his tendons are too tight.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)

That guy still hasn't figured out that constantly throwing 100 MPH across your body can't last.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)

And LaRoche just blew a game for the D-Backs on defense, horrible throw scores the tying and winning run in the bottom of the 9th.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Yeah, I'm relatively confident that he's back.

Due to this offensive burst, his WAR has gone from -1.3 to -0.5 in about two weeks.

I'd like to see it at a positive clip sometime soon.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
And LaRoche just blew a game for the D-Backs on defense, horrible throw scores the tying and winning run in the bottom of the 9th.

Ugh, as if their pen isn't bad enough as it is!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)

unfortunately we were told prince isnt going amywhere, which either means they arent trading him or we have to overpay

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 04:01 AM)
unfortunately we were told prince isnt going amywhere, which either means they arent trading him or we have to overpay

And they wouldn't trade Fielder for Danks since they know it will cost them a fortune to re-sign him. Prince will go to some team with top-notch pitching prospects.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)

Yeah, and we can't afford to sign him long term anyways...

But I'd be willing to give them Hudson/Flowers/Viciedo for the chance at winning it this year.

Of course, I am a short-sighted jackass.