White Sox @ Royals 6/28, 7:10, WCIU

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
Why are Buehrle's rough outings more annoying that others? Is it the high number of hits he allows? The fact that it looks like he's just tossing the ball up there? Hard to say.

Yes, I would say it's both of those.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Why are Buehrle's rough outings more annoying that others? Is it the high number of hits he allows? The fact that it looks like he's just tossing the ball up there? Hard to say.

If you've noticed, some of these hits aren't exactly crushed.

Buehrle relies a lot on his defense and luck since he lets the player put the ball in play so much.

So when he looks bad, it's usually because he's unlucky and it's just annoying when you see seeing eye singles and bloopers every other hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
This was just like going to play Minnesota at the Dome. This team wasn't sure they could keep up their quality play coming back to the AL and after the Chicago series.

Well, let's be honest. The fact that we played 4 really terrible (and I'm not talking KC terrible) teams really contributed to what we did. We're gonna need to get some upgrades or it will look much like it did before in the AL

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
Yes, I would say it's both of those.

You'd think it is all the hits, but baseball as a whole is much more accepting of giving up hits than walks.

Remember how pissed Hawk used to get at Jose even if he'd only give up like 2 runs if he was walking guys?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
If you've noticed, some of these hits aren't exactly crushed.

Buehrle relies a lot on his defense and luck since he lets the player put the ball in play so much.

So when he looks bad, it's usually because he's unlucky and it's just annoying when you see seeing eye singles and bloopers every other hitter.

Excellent point.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
Well, let's be honest. The fact that we played 4 really terrible (and I'm not talking KC terrible) teams really contributed to what we did. We're gonna need to get some upgrades or it will look much like it did before in the AL

But facing terrible teams didn't cause Quentin to remember how to hit a fastball. I'm concerned about this offense though, as Vizquel seems to be slowing down and the DH spot continues to be horrible. I guess the DH spot will have an impact on this team....dumbass!

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)

Let's wait more than 3 innings before we start with this, please.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
But facing terrible teams didn't cause Quentin to remember how to hit a fastball. I'm concerned about this offense though, as Vizquel seems to be slowing down and the DH spot continues to be horrible. I guess the DH spot will have an impact on this team....dumbass!

CQ, Vizquel, Rios and Paulie were pretty much our entire offense during the streak.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
You'd think it is all the hits, but baseball as a whole is much more accepting of giving up hits than walks.

Remember how pissed Hawk used to get at Jose even if he'd only give up like 2 runs if he was walking guys?

For me, when Buehrle is struggling, you don't think he's ever going to get another hitter out. With Floyd or Peavy, you feel like all it's going to take is a good offspeed pitch to get out of it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
For me, when Buehrle is struggling, you don't think he's ever going to get another hitter out. With Floyd or Peavy, you feel like all it's going to take is a good offspeed pitch to get out of it.

Then it's the lack of strikeouts and pure stuff. Because I definitely feel the exact same way.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:59 AM)
Let's wait more than 3 innings before we start with this, please.

If we do lose tonight, tomorrow's game might be the most important of this season up until this point. You don't want to go into Wednesday's game facing Greinke with a 3 game losing streak and a trip to Texas after the game.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
Then it's the lack of strikeouts and pure stuff. Because I definitely feel the exact same way.

It's crazy though to watch tonight and see KC not even flinching at the Buehrle change-up. When he faced the Cubs, they acted like it was the greatest change-up since Pedro in his prime. There's a part of me that feels Buehrle's faced AL Central teams too much, and they've figured him out.