White Sox @ Royals 6/28, 7:10, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Because when we have big time power hitters coming up, dudes who hit lots and lots of HR we should be stealing bases with no outs. That just costs you runs in the long run. f***ing stupid.

I'm telling you, he was safe. Maybe the KC broadcast had a better angle.

Secondly, Rios just goes when he wants. That is not a sign.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
Was it you that said Rios is bad at sliding into 2nd?

Yes. He slides feet first and with his body VERY high every time. There's no room for adjustment with a foot first slide, if the throw beats you you're out. When you come in tall like that you're just making it easier for the fielder to get the glove on you when there's a high throw. There's just so much more to be gained by going head first, you're low and have more maneuverability.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:15 AM)
Yes. He slides feet first and with his body VERY high every time. There's no room for adjustment with a foot first slide, if the throw beats you you're out. When you come in tall like that you're just making it easier for the fielder to get the glove on you when there's a high throw. There's just so much more to be gained by going head first, you're low and have more maneuverability.

Fantastic observation, and it cost him the SB and the Sox a run.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
I'm telling you, he was safe. Maybe the KC broadcast had a better angle.

Secondly, Rios just goes when he wants. That is not a sign.

They showed a perfect angle, he was beat. I'd be the first to get upset if he was safe but he wasn't. I hate Ozzie's super aggressive philosophy, Rios never steals this much but Ozzie emphasizes it. Before the season he actually went to Rios an told him to go nuts on the basepaths and it's costing us runs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
hey doc, any possible names for who KW is looking at?

i alluded to it earlier in the other thread asking if you guys would do a certain trade for dunn.

prince is not available. havent heard any talk of laroche at all. another setup man is a target.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
When is the avatar of TCQ and the red heart going to be re-introduced into Sox Talk Fathom? Or was it Kalapse that had this as the avatar??

I had it and I have no idea if I even still have that graphic.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
They showed a perfect angle, he was beat. I'd be the first to get upset if he was safe but he wasn't. I hate Ozzie's super aggressive philosophy, Rios never steals this much but Ozzie emphasizes it. Before the season he actually went to Rios an told him to go nuts on the basepaths and it's costing us runs.

Rios never argues when is caught stealking, he did this time. FWIW. Another friend of mine watching the game on extra innings says he was safe.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)
i alluded to it earlier in the other thread asking if you guys would do a certain trade for dunn.

prince is not available. havent heard any talk of laroche at all. another setup man is a target.

Interesting...are those the actual names being thrown out? If they are, then I hope Dunn tears his ACL tonight.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Because when we have big time power hitters coming up, dudes who hit lots and lots of HR we should be stealing bases with no outs. That just costs you runs in the long run. f***ing stupid.

Earl Weaver would have an aneurysm watching our team.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)

Well, when the opposition's broadcasters think he was safe, and Alex thinks he was safe, and the angle showed the throw dying and his foot getting in, I'll believe he was safe. The angle from behind the base showed the glove not actually touching him till his foot was down.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Rios never argues when is caught stealking, he did this time. FWIW. Another friend of mine watching the game on extra innings says he was safe.

I honestly don't care. It was close enough that the call could have gone either way, I saw it as safe on my 50 inch Samsung broadcasting the game in HD but really means nothing in the end. There's seriously no reason to be running in that situation, I said the exact same thing in the exact same situation during the Cubs series, it's silly. Especially with Rios who puts himself at a disadvantage as a base stealer.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)

I just watched it about 5 times. He beat it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
Well, when the opposition's broadcasters think he was safe, and Alex thinks he was safe, and the angle showed the throw dying and his foot getting in, I'll believe he was safe. The angle from behind the base showed the glove not actually touching him till his foot was down.

^^^^^^^

this

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)

I really don't care.